Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

15k crowns GONE!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
i use 15k crowns on hoard packs and got literally nothing of use, while on the other hand a bunch of my friend and my mother got so many good things for example my mother got a perm hydra mount (on first try) and i got literally house items!!! and i used about 4k crowns on just that pack fix this problem!.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
bizmax on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
i use 15k crowns on hoard packs and got literally nothing of use, while on the other hand a bunch of my friend and my mother got so many good things for example my mother got a perm hydra mount (on first try) and i got literally house items!!! and i used about 4k crowns on just that pack fix this problem!.
Drops you get on packs are completely random. There's nothing to fix here.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
While I hate the hoard packs as they seem like a cash grab, that's pretty much the point of them. They're a gamble. I'm not sure about the ethics of bringing gambling to a kids game but Kingsisle has been doing it for years. I absolutely refuse to buy hoard packs as they are supposed to make you pay a bunch of money for nothing. I'd advise you do the same.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
It's all luck/chance.

Let this be a lesson on gambling, even if it's in a Children's game.

If it's any consolation, which I'm sure it's not. My luck is closer to yours than your mothers.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Buying packs is gambling, plain and simple. There's no guarantee you will receive anything worthwhile at all. And yes, we all know someone who, after opening about 5 packs, has a pet and a mount while you open 20 and get low-level pet snacks and a fern. This is the same person who has a full set of Waterworks and/or Darkmoor gear after one run. I am not that person lol.

Set a limit for yourself, and don't get your hopes up. And remember: KI tells us there's only a chance we'll get good stuff from packs, which is why there's no "fix" necessary. It's RNG and luck.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
It's not a bug or a problem that KI can fix. It's your luck on drawing packs. As you saw with your friends & mother, rewards are very random.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
It's all luck. That's pretty much the point of the packs.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I know a lot of people will tell you that it's just the game and to deal with it, but the drop rate on mounts and what not IS really really really REALLY low.

Despite buying many hoard packs only ONCE have I got a mount from a hoard pack.

My luck was so bad that I no longer buy hoard packs.
It's a waste of money (unless you want the housing items and what not, then by all means to for it).

Survivor
Oct 16, 2014
The packs are mostly gamble, as you can see housing items are mostly common and uncommon so getting what you want will be pretty rare, if you want to see what stuff are in the pack, go to the wizard101 wiki, other than that, you can't get your crowns back so i suggest you use it wisely.