Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mac Launcher Keeps Crashing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
So today I noticed that the update had finally come out. I was super excited to log on and get started, but ran into a problem. Every time I log in (and it is successful every time), it will load like normal. However, I've noticed something different about my launcher this time compared to every other time I've loaded the game up. The first one is "Patching : ...WizardGraphicalClient.exe", which has probably always been there. The difference this time, however, is the fact that this portion loaded slower than the rest. The only parts of the launcher I remember loading slowly are the world data, equipment, and high detail for equipment, which was normal. The second, and much more concerning one for me, is "Patching : Data/GameData/Root.wad". I had never seen that one, and seems to be the problem. When it tries to load that one, it will only get about 1/16 or 1/12 of the way progress complete for this patch and seems to be the last one before the launcher finishes loading. However, after a couple of seconds, the client will quickly flash and then go back to the log in. I have tried uninstalling the launcher and all the data, but that has not worked. I play on a MacBook Pro and my OS is macOS Sierra. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeffrey Dragoncrafter Level 103