Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

something absolutely has to be done about this.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
training a pet takes forever. even if you use mega snacks, which to be honest is pretty much your only chance to get your pets anywhere, it still takes a long time to get them to mega or ultra if there is a jewel you want equipped. I have been taking up pet hatching and training recently making pets for my storm and balance while trying to transfer talents onto a raging bull for my fire. your energy comes back so slowly once your out of energy your waiting for quite a while. not everyone has an amazing set of energy gear so they can go on forever. even though some of the best mega snacks give up to 50 xp each it still feels miniscule when you think about the task of getting to mega or even ultra. maybe an elixir or something to boost it up a bit? what's the harm in getting us our pets faster? its not like its a big money maker for KI so why not help us get into the action a bit quicker? the system hasn't changed since it was released and it is so hard to get a pet that you want and in a timely manner at that.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
training a pet takes forever. even if you use mega snacks, which to be honest is pretty much your only chance to get your pets anywhere, it still takes a long time to get them to mega or ultra if there is a jewel you want equipped. I have been taking up pet hatching and training recently making pets for my storm and balance while trying to transfer talents onto a raging bull for my fire. your energy comes back so slowly once your out of energy your waiting for quite a while. not everyone has an amazing set of energy gear so they can go on forever. even though some of the best mega snacks give up to 50 xp each it still feels miniscule when you think about the task of getting to mega or even ultra. maybe an elixir or something to boost it up a bit? what's the harm in getting us our pets faster? its not like its a big money maker for KI so why not help us get into the action a bit quicker? the system hasn't changed since it was released and it is so hard to get a pet that you want and in a timely manner at that.
It does make money for KI. There are those players who can and do purchase energy refills quite often. Your best option for a faster train is to continue gardening those plants that drop mega snacks and wait for Double Pet XP.

Usually, I will train a new pet to Adult and then let it set until Doubles. The only other time I will equip that pet is when I do Double Gardening and have all seeds doubled. All those extra seeds that can't be sold are fed to the new pet.

Many of us would like to see this go faster but after all these years, I highly doubt anything is going to change in the Pet training area.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
It does make money for KI. There are those players who can and do purchase energy refills quite often. Your best option for a faster train is to continue gardening those plants that drop mega snacks and wait for Double Pet XP.

Usually, I will train a new pet to Adult and then let it set until Doubles. The only other time I will equip that pet is when I do Double Gardening and have all seeds doubled. All those extra seeds that can't be sold are fed to the new pet.

Many of us would like to see this go faster but after all these years, I highly doubt anything is going to change in the Pet training area.
not everybody is a member and can take advantage of those kind of things. I cant get seeds doubled and I cant have my pet XP doubled and neither can a lot of other players. this game has become unfair in what can and cant be done by richer players.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I completely agree, it takes far too long. I get it makes them money but so does my subscription, I shouldn't have to pay monthly and then pay more if I actually want to train my pet to mega or ultra.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
May I suggest you look into playing grub guardian. If you look into it you'll see one of the rewards is energy potions. It will cost you to get the area I farm for them but I can tell you that I get on average 5 to 6 potions a day.

As for the time it takes it only takes me 20 minutes to get a pet to mega and another 5 minutes if I need to take to ultra. I only use mega snacks which I have more then I can over use by gardening magma peas. (You can farm fairly easy for couch potatoes) which also drop mega snacks every time at elder.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
If you have access to Grizzleheim, farm the Troubled Warriors (first mob you battle in main quest line) for couch potatoes. They reseed every time they get to elder. Head to the bazaar and buy litter, a sandwich station (or craft a sandwich station-very easy), and a garden gnome. Plant your seeds, place the likes, and check on them 1-2 times a day. If you want a pixie, plant a laugh-o-dil. CP also love King Parsley. Every elder harvest will give you a mega pet snack.

Easiest way I have found to get mega snacks. DO NOT buy those packs in the crown shop-it's a huge waste of money. Even when they're on sale, you don't receive enough to justify the cost.

Recipe for sandwich station: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Recipe:Sandwich_Station#axzz4mj2Ylqsk

Everything you need to know about couch potatoes: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Couch_Potatoes#axzz4mj2Ylqsk

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Back when the advance pet system came out I actually crafted snacks to train my pets, today you have so many more options.

Farming for seeds costs nothing and is not a member only benefit, tons of both CPs and EMPs drop in mirage, CPs only need 35 energy to care for too, so its a great option.

Energy gear drops in several places, such as the 5 boxes, spiral cup gauntlet, aphrodite, packs you can get playing grub guardian, the majority of the energy gear I have I did not spend one dime on.

Training a pet to adult takes no time, but be careful which you train past that level, it takes several hatches to reinforce the talents you want on a pet, do not waste time, energy or snacks training pets that have already failed.

Pets, whether you are a member or not takes a lot of patience.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
not everybody is a member and can take advantage of those kind of things. I cant get seeds doubled and I cant have my pet XP doubled and neither can a lot of other players. this game has become unfair in what can and cant be done by richer players.
True, not everyone is a member. On that note, there are/should be perks for members that non-members should not get.

It's not a matter of who is rich or not, but who is a member and who is not.

Non-members have double the time for energy refill. Non-members cannot benefit from double XP. Non-members have smaller backpacks, etc.

Honestly, it is up to you in regards to training pets. Don't blame KI because you do not wish to purchase crowns for energy or training or buying better plants. By being a non-member, it does take longer. Much longer in some cases. Being a member has it's benefits, but if you do not wish to go that way, that falls upon you.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
I am aware that not everyone is a member, but if nothing else, you can expand gardening plots up to 3 houses/castles per wizard

As for the game becoming unfair, in some aspects, it may be, but I am not one of those "richer players". I can manage to pay for 2 subs. I don't buy a lot crowns nor do I waste money on buying all those extras that can be bought. If you take a look at several other games that have an MMO base, you will find that some of them are free to play with the option to BUY equipment or other desired items in the game. Frankly, I find that having a sub goes a long way in assisting players with many aspects of the game.... You don't have to be rich to have a sub or to have multiple houses in the game.

A single sub is $9.95 a month. A family account with 2 or more is $6.95 per month per account.

Yes, I am also aware that many players do not have a CC or a readily available source to purchase a sub. For some, it is because their parents won't pay for a sub and for others, the economy is a major factor.

As I have already stated, the energy elixir is a money maker for KI. The only way you can get your energy to refill any faster is to be a member. This is also a major money maker for KI. There is one more option you have and that would be to farm for Energy Gear. There are a few pieces of very low gear for level 56 that can be bought in the Bazaar and there is an Athame and Ring in Wintertusk that can be crafter. None of those items give a lot but every little bit helps.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
True, not everyone is a member. On that note, there are/should be perks for members that non-members should not get.

It's not a matter of who is rich or not, but who is a member and who is not.

Non-members have double the time for energy refill. Non-members cannot benefit from double XP. Non-members have smaller backpacks, etc.

Honestly, it is up to you in regards to training pets. Don't blame KI because you do not wish to purchase crowns for energy or training or buying better plants. By being a non-member, it does take longer. Much longer in some cases. Being a member has it's benefits, but if you do not wish to go that way, that falls upon you.
it is not my fault I cant have member ship. if I had a CC and could work in the expense I would readily get one. but the fact of the matter is I cant have a member ship. its not fair for there to be special member perks because its not our fault if we cant afford one. KI is rewarding the rich and ignoring the not so rich. its not up to me if I don't have a member ship or not because its my parents who make the money and they wont let me have one so KI has to punish for us for that. I wish I could go that way but its just not up to me like you said.

Jason GoldenFlame level 120 ()

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 14, 2017 wrote:
it is not my fault I cant have member ship. if I had a CC and could work in the expense I would readily get one. but the fact of the matter is I cant have a member ship. its not fair for there to be special member perks because its not our fault if we cant afford one. KI is rewarding the rich and ignoring the not so rich. its not up to me if I don't have a member ship or not because its my parents who make the money and they wont let me have one so KI has to punish for us for that. I wish I could go that way but its just not up to me like you said.

You are making excuses for the most part. I understand why many parents aren't willing to pay for their kids to play an online game. I have a young grandson that is not quite old enough yet to play and until he is old enough, that isn't happening. But either I or his dad will also have total control over what he can or can't do as far as playing.

BUT, here is a suggestion for you. If you are old enough to pick up a part time summer job or even after school, try talking to your parents about helping you set up a way to pay for it yourself. Possibly setting up a bank account that you might be able to use a debit card if KI would accept that in place of a CC.

Possibly @Dworgyn, may be able to answer whether KI would accept a debit card or not.

KI is not rewarding the "rich". They are however, rewarding paying members and there is absolutely nothing unfair about that. You will find in life there are many aspects that require membership in order to take advantage of certain perks. Don't blame others or companies when it is you who can't afford or parents won't pay.

IF there were an issue in my own household that created an additional expense for me, my subs would be the first to go. I may not like it but, real life comes first, not the game. You might try giving your parents credit for making sure you have food, clothing, shelter and all those other necessities that you can't go without. Playing a game isn't a priority.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009

Right, KI is a company not a charity, they need to make money to keep going.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I think the pet training can use some tweaks.

I do not like to be critical. But I think positive feedback is not a bad thing.

I think some new mini games, and some updates to the pet training system could be a good improvement.

I just find it boring. I have so so so many pets which I love but training them all seems impossible.

I don't want to give it a potion and it's done, I'm not saying that. I like the suspense of 'which talent will it get.'

But the mini games seem outdated.

I would love to play some type of trivia game or quiz for instance, for pet training points. Maybe do some battles in the game. Not sure but something new and outside the box.

Not Wizard 101 trivia but general trivia.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

I wholeheartedly agree with DragonLady on this one.

It's not anyone else's fault whether you have a membership or not. Since you are young, there may be ways to help yourself by working something out with your parents. If not, then you must be patient in getting what you wish. It is hard work. It takes longer. But, the rewards are great when you can achieve what you set out to do.

As I said before, it's not a matter of who is rich or poor, but how it all works out in the end. Just because we pay for a membership, doesn't mean we have a ton of money at our disposal. We use the perks as a member to the best of our ability. We still garden. We still farm for gear. We still help others in worlds that may not be accessible to non-members. We still require patience in obtaining what we want from the game, too.

Be thankful for what you have and don't be ungrateful for what you don't have.

Brynn IceBlade
Lenora JadeThief
Valkoor ShadowBlade
Rowan DragonStrider
Kieran JadeThief
Logan HawkCatcher
Brianna IceBlade
Liam JadeThief
Vanessa ShadowBlade
Kiera JadeThief
Lucas HawkCatcher
Dakota DragonDreamer

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 14, 2017 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with DragonLady on this one.

It's not anyone else's fault whether you have a membership or not. Since you are young, there may be ways to help yourself by working something out with your parents. If not, then you must be patient in getting what you wish. It is hard work. It takes longer. But, the rewards are great when you can achieve what you set out to do.

As I said before, it's not a matter of who is rich or poor, but how it all works out in the end. Just because we pay for a membership, doesn't mean we have a ton of money at our disposal. We use the perks as a member to the best of our ability. We still garden. We still farm for gear. We still help others in worlds that may not be accessible to non-members. We still require patience in obtaining what we want from the game, too.

Be thankful for what you have and don't be ungrateful for what you don't have.

Brynn IceBlade
Lenora JadeThief
Valkoor ShadowBlade
Rowan DragonStrider
Kieran JadeThief
Logan HawkCatcher
Brianna IceBlade
Liam JadeThief
Vanessa ShadowBlade
Kiera JadeThief
Lucas HawkCatcher
Dakota DragonDreamer
its true that members still have to do those things but not at the same struggle non members do. your energy comes back much faster, you have more backpack space, crafting cool down timers are cut in half, you can take advantage of double pet XP and double gardening rewards as well as special dances which are pretty cool. because all areas are free as members you don't need crowns to progress so you can just save them for them for mounts, packs and other stuff but I need to save crowns to buy areas first to make sure I don't come to a stand still while questing. its not a matter of if my family can afford one its just because they don't believe in them so even if I could make my own money they wouldn't let me have one.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I think they should just buff ALL of the snacks a bit so that it is easier, but KI gets more money from this than you think.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012

KI isn't punishing you. They are just like every business/game out there. You pay them; you get stuff. That's how the world works. They give people the opportunity to try the game long enough to see if they want to shell out any money. They let you pay for areas as you go. Honestly, that's more than a lot of games do. When people pay for a membership, they SHOULD get some benefits for it. Otherwise why would they just shell out money for nothing more than what they get for free?

That said, there are ways to get megas without shelling out any money beyond access to areas (as people have said). Beyond that, you need patience. It's annoying, yes. But you get there eventually.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014

Great responses from DragonLady and BryannerOfReign.

Very simply, Jason, Life isn't fair. KI isn't rewarding the rich or punishing the poor. They offer something for sale and if you choose to buy it, then it's yours. If you choose not to buy it or can't buy it, then you don't receive it. It's nothing to do with fair or whose fault it is. KI isn't punishing you for not being able to afford a membership, they simply aren't giving you something you haven't paid for. If we are talking about fairness, is it fair to expect KI to give away for free something that takes hard work to create and maintain?

I don't have a membership I chose to buy the game with crowns instead because I didn't want the monthly fee. Sure when the double rewards come around, I wish I could participate, but the membership isn't worth it for me and I am fine with that.

@DragonLady Yes you can use a debit card.

Moira Stormheat

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Considering that children play this game, I don't think intelligence based games would be a good idea, but what would it hurt to shorten the animation to and speed up the training by cutting out some of the animation so it isn't such a drag.