Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just a question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2017
Why are people so keen on getting one of the Loremaster's spells? Is it the rarity? Maybe they think the spells look nice? I mean I don't blame them lol

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Some are really good spells especially for pvp and also if you get them at a low enough level, they can be significantly more powerful than the spells you would ordinarily have access to. Plus they just look cool. :)

Moira Stormheart

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Most of the spells are good for pvp, and yeah they look cool too.

But at some point deer knight almost becomes a necessity for death wizards since we only have two other AOE spells, one that needs 7 pips and one that needs 5 pips + 1 shadow pip which can take a while to show up sometimes.

Deer knight is helpful for quick farming and even now I keep one card in my mob deck as an extra AOE in case I don't get a shadow pip for lulu

Amber Dreamflower 117
Amber Frostflower 6

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Those spells pack quite a punch for low-level PVP. Having these spells help wizards in levels 20-70 PVE a lot as well, because of the fairly hard hit for only a few pips. Many of those spells have lingering effects such as leaving behind weakness, smokescreen, stuns; or leaving blades or shields on the player.

I have an Ice who cruised through the game all the way to Zafaria on the back of the Savage Paw, using it to wipe out a mob and help set up the next hit with a 25% blade. Especially because Ice doesn't get a blade until level 38, the Savage Paw spell was just soooo helpful.

Also, ironically, as a Balance I was using those 4-5 pip spells a LOT in Mirage. With a couple of blades and enchantments the spells were powerful enough to take down enemy mobs fast.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Well I know that Deer Knight would be farmed for a lot since it is considered great for questing in mob battles, it's base does a bit less but the overtime finishes the job. As for all the other ones, almost all of them have some kind of buff for yourself or negative charm for your opponent (Infection, Weakness, etc.), so they are great in PvP.