Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-7-17

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Hello, everyone! Once again the calendar lets me know it's Friday, so I believe it's time for a new topic!

Our Summer Update is what we call a quality of life update – where we tackle some community requests, update our existing systems, and generally try to concentrate on making the Spiral a nicer place to be. My question is in two parts today:
#1 – What are you most excited about with this new update?
#2 – For our next future quality of life update, what one thing would you like us to add or change?

We're looking forward to your responses, everyone. Have a fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
#1- I am excited for the new change in pvp and the emoticons.

#2- If we could change our wizard appearance and if not all, have small details change like eyes, etc.

Alejandro

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I really love the dispel shields and the symbol that identifies your main quests!

What I would want to improve your life in the game would be to have an option during PVP where you can enter an anti shadow realm where you play without using shadow spells and shadow enhanced spells

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 13, 2012
I think the salon idea is a super great idea! I think a lot of wizards would love the option and it would thrive.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2015
#1 This update was weak, but the changes to pvp was enough to pull me back into the game and start my subscription again.

#2 More updates to pvp, direct or indirectly (socketing is an example of indirect). Also, pvp is the longest sustainable end-game content, you should make it exciting if you need more time to develop worlds.

Suggestions:
Pvp spells

Better Ranking System that makes players "feel" good of themselves, such as being (Bronze1-5>Silver1-5>Gold1-5>Plat1-5>Diamond1-5) instead of dull numbers, or the "private" > "warlord" icons which honestly isn't the most pleasant thing to look at (all see are yellow lines in a circle). Make it easily recognizable and make it so players can take pride in their efforts.

Reward players by giving them items/packs/loots when they achieve new ranks. This might encourage shy players to try pvp. Do not do what you did in Pirate101, where players achieve a rank and they still have to BUY their unlocked items, make it free and let them know they did well.

Also I'm not sure if non-members still require crowns to do pvp, but you should remove that limitation.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For the new update, the thing I love most is being able to grab tree animus. Yay! Enchanted forests needs walking trees for sure!

For a future update wishlist to improve my wizard's life and happiness...

1) Double experience/rewards elixir for pet training. Please, I'm begging you! You've got an elixir for triple animus collection; you've got an elixir that improves fishing luck; you've got elixirs that enhance gold earnings or quest experience.... Right? So why not make pet training less soul-crushingly tedious by letting us pay to speed up the process? Please! Please please please please please.....

And ... thank you!
(For asking)

Alia Misthaven

PS: A couple of other things I'd like to see:

a) Second chance chest at the end of Waterworks.

b) Pay crowns to reveal what talents a pet will have before we start training.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Actually not too excited, I would be if:

1. turn based pvp was actually implemented in rank.
2. the dispel shield could not be defeated with a cloak

Dispel shield honestly was the only think I was looking forward too and well its not really working as intended is it? Not sure why we are going to 4th age on PVP when there are really no changes to warrant it.

I predict the leaderboard will have the same boosting problem it does now 1 week after test goes live. These people obviously have patience to wait until no one is around to boost their ranks, is a timer really going to stop them? I think the only real effect this timer is going to have is to make it even longer to find a ranked match.

I am concerned that by the time any REAL changes are made to ranked PVP it will be too late to save it, as it is now if you see 24 matches among all ranks that is a lot. I would like to see you address ranked or if you have no intention just get rid of it!

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
BrahmShadow on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
1) I love the turn based tournament, but I unfortunately won't be participating in them as I own every zone in game and have no reason to get a membership.

2) One thing I would change about quality of life updates is the lack of content in them. I'm not trying to be rude, but chat emojis and Monstrology additions won't bring players back. Only new content, such as dungeons, worlds, and bosses, bring players back. You guys used to do three major updates each year with lots of fun new content to do, and the quality of life changes were minor updates that were released in the time between major updates. That is no longer the case, and minor changes are now passed off as major updates. Anyone who does not believe me should go look at the Update Notes for past years and compare the amount of content we used to be getting versus now.

I also think that releasing JUST quality of life changes as the main Summer Update, especially when a lot of the players are free for the Summer, is a bad business decision which won't invite players to come back. I find it unfortunate that we won't have anything new to do until Empyrea hits in November.

Now to stuff I would add for the next quality of life update. The countdown timer in rounds disappears when you select a card, but you can hear it in the background still. I would add the timer back so it is visible again. I would also remove the wooden posts from the Grassy Mound housing item.
I agree with BrahmShadow here...

In addition to this.... if we are talking quality of wizard life, once again, I implore more space. Either more backpack space, bank/vault space. It would be very helpful to have vaults we could purchase/craft for different housing items, e.g., one for flooring/walls, one for furniture, etc.

Thanks!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
The next quality of life update, I would like for the pets in the crowns shop to be steeply reduced in price. 10,000 - 15,000 crown pets is absolutely ridiculous, that's $10 to $15 at the very least for a single pet.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
EmmalineWillowsong on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
I agree with BrahmShadow here...

In addition to this.... if we are talking quality of wizard life, once again, I implore more space. Either more backpack space, bank/vault space. It would be very helpful to have vaults we could purchase/craft for different housing items, e.g., one for flooring/walls, one for furniture, etc.

Thanks!
Update: so I see many people here are talking about updating housing space in a future update. I was wondering if KI could consider raising the Bric-a-Brac elixir limit from 2 to, I don't know, 500? :P I liked playing CityVille and SimCity games on FaceBook when they were still running, but both games ended up shutting down. I wanted to build a city on something more permanent, so I chose Wizard101.

I have an Avalon Castle Plot that I created a city block on, and I REALLY want to add more skyscrapers, roads, cafes, and gardens, but I already reached the housing limit and filled the lower plot of land entirely up with roads and buildings. I want to expand into the tons of air outside of the land, but the housing limit prevents me from doing so... I'm also planning on seeing if I can use castle magic or breadcrumbs to see if I can make NPCs and airplanes move around to make the city seem more lifelike.

I also build a floating Aquilan town at my Acropolis, and I can't expand there either because of the housing limit.

I also plan on building a huge floating city (exactly like the one in Ione's room in the Arcanum) but I'm already worrying about the housing limit as I plan out the layout of it in my head.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
  • A way to differentiate which cards are Pet and which are item cards
  • It's always been such a headache to manage our TCs, make it so we can easily manage our cards, like deleting as many as we can, etc.

• Rare drops chart when we hover our mouse over the Boss/mob icon while in a battle. I mean, no need to list every and each drop, but the most valuable ones would be a nice addition. I know we have the wiki, but sometimes it's nice to know what rare drops we can get from a given enemy by looking at it on the game.

• A reminder of the Training points quest we haven't done yet, rather than having to visit every and each world to recall it.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Professor Falmea on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Hello, everyone! Once again the calendar lets me know it's Friday, so I believe it's time for a new topic!

Our Summer Update is what we call a quality of life update – where we tackle some community requests, update our existing systems, and generally try to concentrate on making the Spiral a nicer place to be. My question is in two parts today:
#1 – What are you most excited about with this new update?
#2 – For our next future quality of life update, what one thing would you like us to add or change?

We're looking forward to your responses, everyone. Have a fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I Hope I don't sound selfish but there are 4 things I'd like to see: 1. A search engine in the castle tours for dungeon gauntlets. Example: if someone wants to do Winterbane or Pagoda, He/she clicks on search and types in that gauntlet. A list of houses that has that gauntlet pops up. Then that person goes to that house.
2. Please change Wings of fate to a none over time spell. I feel 525 damage/heal over time isn't efficient enough to keep the team alive even with healing boosts in a high damaging battle. I mostly use Rebirth that can give the party more than 2000 heath plus a shield absorbing 400 in one round. vs. Wings of Fate that gives back maybe 700 health a round.
3. I'd like to see quests dialog in the 1st and 2nd arc more lively like it is in Khrysalisand the 3rd arc when creatures are talking to creatures with humor and wise cracks; making me feel I'm in the game.
4. I know this was mentioned by many players about a 7th wizard slot. I'm one of those players who would like that added to the game. Please give us an update on the topic?

Hero
May 02, 2009
flash33 on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
1) I'm excited about the Monstrology part of the update the most.
2) I would like to see the Earn Crowns option in-game be fixed to where the videos actually show (i.e. no more black screens please) and where you actually get the 10 crowns for allowing the video to play for the required allotted time, as sometimes even if the video plays fully through you still don't get the 10 crowns like you should.
Also, I would like to see the Monstrology creatures be smoothed out (for a lack of a better word): meaning that the creatures that appear in dungeons only should be listed under the dungeons tab instead of a random world tab. This would allow for easier and better tracking of certain creatures as opposed to currently where you have to go needlessly hunting for them in a random world tab.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
flash33 on Jul 10, 2017 wrote:
Also, I would like to see the Monstrology creatures be smoothed out (for a lack of a better word): meaning that the creatures that appear in dungeons only should be listed under the dungeons tab instead of a random world tab. This would allow for easier and better tracking of certain creatures as opposed to currently where you have to go needlessly hunting for them in a random world tab.
Well half of tanglewood terror is now in wizard city and half is under dungeons, I agree it is too confusing as to where they put the creatures

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
1. I liked the turn based PvP (although the match seems to take longer, you guys did plan to cut out the time to make a move, which is good.)
2. If anything needs to be changed it's pet hatching. Players have a hard time looking for certain pets they want to hatch with because of the fact that the majority of other players are at risk of being in a timer when there's always a chance they can get better pets instead of helping one fellow wizard out. My proposal to improve pet hatching is to (1. Add extra pet timers [3 maximum] in order to allow wizards to hatch multiple times in a day.) (2. Reduce hatching times by 50% or more; people would likely still want to by a hatching times option if they are that eager to hatch more.) or (3. A combination of both.) Not many people actually buy the hatch timer elixirs because it costs a pretty good load of crowns, and it's more likely you guys make more profit through packs more than anything. I hope you take this proposal to consideration. Thank you!
-Eric Mythcaster lvl 120

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Hello! I think it would be cool to have some sort of inbox. So players can send/receive messages to/from other players when they are offline!!

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
How about adding a link in the crown shop that directs to buying bundles and/or gauntlets online. It is hard for many players to get the new bundles at game stop or walmart if they have to drive 40 miles to the one store that "might have that card in stock. I mean we can buy membership, crowns, and older bundles online, so why not be able to buy the new ones online as well.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
I was thinking that it would be interesting to be able to share a castle between wizards on one account for certain castles. Take the Marleybone houses for example. There are separate buildings you don't have access to, since they belong to your "neighbors", but what if you could access those buildings by buying an expansion on the castle? You could link each vacant building to one other wizard on your account, therefore having actual neighbors. The expansion could cost crowns or be accessible through a membership. For those who can't afford to spend real money they just have to spend an appropriate amount of gold, similar to the other crown houses.

To make communicating easier, I think menu chat players should be able to see text chat. I've tried helping players with menu, but it didn't work out nearly as well with the limited things they can see or say. Take boss cheating for example, I can't tell a menu player "don't blade for the first few rounds," or, "this boss traps every time you heal." Same for text with open chat. I'm all for protecting the younger players for sure, but we already have filters so I don't see a problem in at least this much. It would make the game much more fun, as no one would be left out, yet younger players are still protected.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
I can't wait for Avalon fishing. I love all the new housing items in the chests especially the owl paintings and all the new trees!

For the next Quality of Life update, I would love to see a fish basket quick sell. I would also like to see better drops from the Monstrodome fights. It's not much of a reward to go through all the work of crafting the dome and all the tc to put monsters in it and you get a tin can as a drop-or nothing but gold.
Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Allis0nxD on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
Hello! I think it would be cool to have some sort of inbox. So players can send/receive messages to/from other players when they are offline!!

I would like to second this. It's a cute and simple idea. It would be cool if you could check your inbox through a mail box in their home. Players could have the default look in their dorm or castle, and pay gold to change the appearance?
i.e. default is Ravenwood themed for a Wizard City house, but can for, say 500G, changed to the Wysteria theme.

It could be moved throughout the plot too. The default is by the world door but a player would prefer it by the actual house? No problem.

It should only count towards the item limit if it can be removed and if players can chose to access through an icon on screen though.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Allis0nxD on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:

That's a great idea. Players can have something like a mail box so we can make arrangements to meet for a dungeon quest or to quest together. Wizards can send message for questions: Example, where did you get your robe or pet?, I'd like to do one of your one shot duel dungeons. When will you be online?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This is for wizards who have "one day and/or 7 day" mounts and play for a few hours a day. KI, will you please change the timer so it stops counting down when the wizard unequip the mount or signs off. When the person signs in or equip the mount, the timer starts counting down again.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I like the look of the Wysteria spells. (Even if they are glitchy for some people atm). I think that if KingsIsle is to do another "Quality of Life" update then maybe focus on the things that people want instead of random things. Like the chat is nice and I like it, but all I've heard is complaints from most people about PVP or whatever else. (Granted negative responses do seem to speak louder.)

As far as future ideas:

Allowing changes to character face/name (perhaps adding more names and an option to change the name/facial features)

7th spot. (notice the .)

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
1- The new chat features, thanks!
I think the new life spell is cool too. but I haven't seen it on live yet.

2- I'd also like pet and item cards to look different, please :)

and I second a way to turn off meteors in Azteca after completion. It's horribly annoying when returning to what would otherwise be my favorite world.

Administrator
Thanks everyone for the feedback, both on what you're excited about in the update and what you'd like to see in the future! A new FF will be appearing in moments!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea