Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Selling back to the Crown Shop

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So when you get pets from packs i think we should be able to sell them back to the crown shop for 25% of the original price. So for example if you got a Raven pet from the Ghulture's Hoard pack, it costs 4000 crowns to buy from the crown shop, so we could sell it back for 1000 crowns.

Anyone agree? leave you opions below.

Ryan WindHunter lvl 120
Ryan IceBlade lvl 53
Wolf TrollFlame lvl 48

Survivor
Nov 27, 2014
This defeats the purpose of so many reasons, and why this won't happen has a whole lot of back up behind it. Final point is it will not happen. There won't be anything you could sell back for PAID in-game currency. The game isn't mistreating their policy either. You can sell it for gold. The free currency of the game. That's just how MMO's work man

Max of 6 Wizards

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
As much as that would be great, that will NEVER happen. You said from a ghulture's pack, which is just under 400 crowns, people will just farm the packs in order to get tons of crowns for free.

400 crowns for a pack, and in the pack is a raven (4000 crowns if bought without pack)
You sell raven for 1000 crowns.
You've made more crowns then you started with and just ripped kingsisle off. Every player would love this, but it will never happen, sorry.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2017
NuclearNinja18 on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
This defeats the purpose of so many reasons, and why this won't happen has a whole lot of back up behind it. Final point is it will not happen. There won't be anything you could sell back for PAID in-game currency. The game isn't mistreating their policy either. You can sell it for gold. The free currency of the game. That's just how MMO's work man

Max of 6 Wizards
The problem is that you can't sell pets for in-game currency, you can only destroy/trash pets. So you spend real money to get crowns, buy packs, and end up with multiples of pets that you can't even give to a friend because of the item trading policy.

I just got 3 chameleons from the pet treat packs in the last 30 minutes and would love to be able to give one to a friend of mine that also plays. Since I can't do that, I would absolutely be happy if I could sell them for in-game gold, but sadly this is not an option when it comes to pets.

For now, they will sit in my bank because I can't bring myself to destroy them in hopes that we will some day be allowed to sell them.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
jvanwelch on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
The problem is that you can't sell pets for in-game currency, you can only destroy/trash pets. So you spend real money to get crowns, buy packs, and end up with multiples of pets that you can't even give to a friend because of the item trading policy.

I just got 3 chameleons from the pet treat packs in the last 30 minutes and would love to be able to give one to a friend of mine that also plays. Since I can't do that, I would absolutely be happy if I could sell them for in-game gold, but sadly this is not an option when it comes to pets.

For now, they will sit in my bank because I can't bring myself to destroy them in hopes that we will some day be allowed to sell them.
you can sell anything, just have to not be in the bazaar, and there's hatching

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
You can sell pets. Just go to a pet vendor in any world and click on the sell tab. Crown pets can also be sold.

Moira Stormheart