Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will pvp get me banned?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards

I started getting interested in pvp. Not for the rank or gear, just for the fun of it and the arena tickets for school design gear. I played a few matches and lost all of them, but I didn't mind because it was nice. Recently, I have heard of a lot of players (some of them youtubers) who got banned because of a pvp problem... I'm scared to get banned for pvp. I never curse and I always say good match even if I lose and I also heard that some people false report other players and I'm scared of getting banned because I like this game. Should I stop trying pvp?

Jonathan DawnHunter

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
JonathanDawnHunter on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards

I started getting interested in pvp. Not for the rank or gear, just for the fun of it and the arena tickets for school design gear. I played a few matches and lost all of them, but I didn't mind because it was nice. Recently, I have heard of a lot of players (some of them youtubers) who got banned because of a pvp problem... I'm scared to get banned for pvp. I never curse and I always say good match even if I lose and I also heard that some people false report other players and I'm scared of getting banned because I like this game. Should I stop trying pvp?

Jonathan DawnHunter
You won't get banned as long as you don't start swearing, being toxic, threatening, etc.

Explorer
May 23, 2017
I'm sure that there has to be evidence of wrongdoing for you to be banned from pvp because someone reported you. If you haven't said or done anything wrong you should feel safe.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
From my pvping experience do the following:
  • Right as the match ends, spam the "END" key on your keyboard to get back to the Arena asap. (This is so the loser/winner will not be able to click on your wizard and report you.)
  • If they greet you, the best thing to do is not reply since they expect you to reply as they will see your school, gear, pet etc.
  • I recommend turning off chat bubbles because players can be toxic at times
  • If they ARE being disrespectful, you HAVE the right to report a player.

hopefully you will remember these tips!

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Wizard101 should temp ban those who report because they are angry the lost to them, then next perm ban them from pvp, or more simply without having to do all that coding, ban them!
I do not believe that Wizard101 mods ban people who are instantly reported without proof of any wrong doing though because they need proof, and thats what logs are for! & Most of those youtubers could've made it look like they were banned for pvping, but its prob just a hoax.