Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Needs a Better AOE Spell for 6 pips!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Myth desperately needs a strong AOE that does not cost shadow pips (cuz they are not always your friend.) Earthquake stinks it does the same damage as the 4 pip AOE Hummungo Frog which is dumb. The extra 2 pips counts as removing shields and wards. Well, what if they don't have a shield or ward...? Congrats you just wasted 2 pips. Not to mention if a team mate puts a negative ward or trap on the enemy it removes them... whats the point of that!

I personally think myth needs an X pip AOE in replacement for the 6 pip.

Mythic Sting (yes I know that's a spell but this is the trainable version)
X pips
70 damage per pip

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
The damage is reliant on your gear. If you have a higher level wizard that can use shadow pips, then you must have a gear issue. My sibling has a level 120 myth with over 100% damage and can do a hefty amount of damage with just a humongofrog and a blade. If you are still low level, you can't expect to do a huge amount.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Although a new non-shadow pip myth AOE wouldn't hurt, I don't necessarily feel like it's absolutely needed either. I've gotten through the game using frog. It's not the most powerful AOE out there, but it does the job. My hunch is that shadow pips will only continue to grow more important as we progress. As that system starts to become more developed, we'll also begin to see more gear with increased shadow pip chance stats. Shadow pips may not be 100% reliable right now, but much like what power pips have become, I think we'll get there eventually.

Another thing to point out is that the past 3 "max level" spells have been shadow pip spells.

Darkmoor = Mystic Colossus
Polaris = Witch's House Call
Mirage = Snake Charmer

I think we'll continue to see that trend through future worlds (rather than more non-shadow pip spells).

~Vanessa Mythdust

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While I agree with you that a higher damage non shadow enhanced AoE would be nice, I agree that it's not necessary. Remember that you can buy sun spell treasure cards LONG before you can actually train them to give them a power boost. Also, keep in mind they do NOT do the same damage. Earthquake does a specific amount of damage where frog does a range. The other pips do count towards the effect of the spell, but that's the same for any other spell. If there is an effect to it, the spell does less damage unless the effect is a DoT. I would imagine if EQ did not remove blades/shields/traps, it would probably do around 450-500 damage (as a guess).