Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Broken Theory of Our Own Wizards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2013
Though this may be quite a commonly asked question, perhaps, I would like to know something behind the very basis of our own creations; our wizards, to be exact.

What is our motive in general through the game? Though, that question is basically answered, why have we stuck to it after so long? The plots in the newer worlds now, like Khrysalis (though, not as new), Polaris, and Mirage, are so in depth now. Much more revealing about the darker sides of the spiral. So, how has our, quite literally, "speechless" wizard gone through so much without corruption? How has our motive not changed? All the tedious quests given to us, and I'm surprised kingsisle hasn't made a branched off storyline like that yet, where we might turn again the headmaster. Though, that may be a future update, more unlikely than likely however.

I would also like to know if we will ever learn the basis of our wizard, or is it just that we made the wizard, and that is understood by the higher ranked powers of the spiral? If so, wouldn't that defeat such purpose? If not, why haven't we learned about our origins, but some others? Who were our wizard parents, if we had them, and what happened to them?

This is a very poorly thought out post, but, I really couldn't get this off my mind. Did I just miss something, or is this widely questioned? I would also like to inform you that I wrote this VERY late into the night. About 1 A.M. so, my apologies for the jumpy paragraphs and questions.
Kristen Level 100 Necromancer
Paige Nightbreeze Level 6 Diviner

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Shmotus on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
Though this may be quite a commonly asked question, perhaps, I would like to know something behind the very basis of our own creations; our wizards, to be exact.

What is our motive in general through the game? Though, that question is basically answered, why have we stuck to it after so long? The plots in the newer worlds now, like Khrysalis (though, not as new), Polaris, and Mirage, are so in depth now. Much more revealing about the darker sides of the spiral. So, how has our, quite literally, "speechless" wizard gone through so much without corruption? How has our motive not changed? All the tedious quests given to us, and I'm surprised kingsisle hasn't made a branched off storyline like that yet, where we might turn again the headmaster. Though, that may be a future update, more unlikely than likely however.

I would also like to know if we will ever learn the basis of our wizard, or is it just that we made the wizard, and that is understood by the higher ranked powers of the spiral? If so, wouldn't that defeat such purpose? If not, why haven't we learned about our origins, but some others? Who were our wizard parents, if we had them, and what happened to them?

This is a very poorly thought out post, but, I really couldn't get this off my mind. Did I just miss something, or is this widely questioned? I would also like to inform you that I wrote this VERY late into the night. About 1 A.M. so, my apologies for the jumpy paragraphs and questions.
Kristen Level 100 Necromancer
Paige Nightbreeze Level 6 Diviner
I don't really think our motive changed at all, but the way people view us certainly has... Grandmother Raven doesn't really like us that much anymore ever since we got into Shadow magic, and she kinda threatens us in Polaris and Mirage too. I think this plot has potential for making us turn evil, or something like that.

I do think it would be nice if we learned more about our origins.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I haven't thought about it that much, but I like to think about it like this: throughout the story, the wizard you play as does change. The hardships he/she has gone through and all the dark times they have fought through have affected them. More than once they thought about giving it up, quitting all this, but seeing the effects of their work, how much they change the world and how everything pays off, they know that what they do is needed, and though it is a burdensome task, it is one they must carry.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I really hope that after the next world we would have to travel to our wizard's home world.

From what I remember, our wizard is from a distant realm where they don't even believe in magic, but we were chosen by Ambrose and Gamma for a reason. The question is, what is that reason? It can't just be "because kingsisle said so".

What if after we finally beat Grandfather Spider, he says something that makes you question why are you even doing this? What is your purpose? Why did is this my duty? And the next arc is basically a journey of self-discovery in the world that didn't believe in magic where you learn about your life before you arrived to Wizard City.

P.S. I'm not exactly sure what you were going for, but I understood what you meant! This is something I was thinking a lot about as well, but didn't know how to put it into words.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Maybe we don't become corrupted because of the other people around us. You see the people around you get thanked and given titles and so. So maybe helping people pushes us on? That's just a theory, though. Maybe we all just have attention disorders.