Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scald bug for fire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2014
The scald spell claims to do 495 over time 3 rounds to each unit, I used it with multiple blades on non resistant units and it still did less than claimed to do

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
scald = 495 damage over 3 rounds, not 495 per round. Each round does damage in the amount of 495 ÷ 3, which is 165, plus whatever damage modifiers there are

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Trevor ruby thief on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
The scald spell claims to do 495 over time 3 rounds to each unit, I used it with multiple blades on non resistant units and it still did less than claimed to do
It deals a total of 495 damage after the 3rd round. It does not do 495 damage each round.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Trevor ruby thief on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
Can you be more specific? Its 495 TOTAL over the 3 rounds, not 495 per. Kind of hard to tell what is going on with the limited information you posted though.

How many/what blades did you use?
What is your gear damage boost?
How much damage per round did the spell actually do?

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Three things (possibilities)
1. The boss/enemy was fire
2. Negitive wards
3. Shields

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
The scald spell does not do that amount of damage over three rounds.
Scald and other DoT spells like it tell you how much TOTAL damage is expected to do over three rounds as just the card itself with no charms and traps. Using charms and traps can increase the amount of damage done to the enemy per round however, like I said, the card says how much it's going to do over those three rounds rather than doing that amount every round.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks for the replies but some of you asked how many blades were used, I used 5 cause of the sharpen blade pet I didn't know it divided by 3 because the card description did not show enough detail/information on the damage doing abilities