Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When should I upgrade my gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
I'm a lvl84 and would say 1/4 into azteca, I am wondering when I should get better gear. I currently am using all WW gear. If I should upgrade to what?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
spark127777 on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
I'm a lvl84 and would say 1/4 into azteca, I am wondering when I should get better gear. I currently am using all WW gear. If I should upgrade to what?
Back to when I was in Azteca, I upgraded the moments I reached levels 84 and 86. 84 is the minimum requirement for the Storm crafted robe found in the Floating Mountains, and 86 is for the hat and shoes found in Alto Alto. The Storm hat offers Fire and Ice resist, but it gives more critical which I found helpful.

You will also need to rescue these vendors in storyline progression before you are able to access them. I crafted them on my Fire who was already max level.

I also transitioned over to Hades gear when I reached level 90, but that was before Darkmoor came out. You don't have to farm Tartarus, but I recommend it because Tartarus is one of my favorite dungeons ever :P

Darkmoor at level 100 is REQUIRED if you want to get better gear. However, this may change as Polaris and Mirage crafted gear will likely be arriving to the game soon.