Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hydra mount from hydra pack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
I have spent roughly 40k crowns trying to get a hydra mount from the hoard of the hydra packs, but got none. Is there a level requirement to get it as a drop? What is the drop rate?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
carteramsmith on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
I have spent roughly 40k crowns trying to get a hydra mount from the hoard of the hydra packs, but got none. Is there a level requirement to get it as a drop? What is the drop rate?
Sadly, the drop rate is near zero. I would say that it is probably less than one percent (which even that I would consider as near zero). (40,000/400=100) I sadly did a similar thing with packs trying to get the Deer Knight Spell. I would recommend avoiding doing so for any more. However the choice is up to you.

I really don't think that they should allow "Packs" I feel like that it is basically gambling for children. As truthfully it is, just using in game currency and instead of winning the lottery you win the spell or mount or whatever. (They probably won't get rid of it though, because it is a source of revenue for them)

You literally just have to think: Is that Mount worth $40-80 dollars for me?

To answer your other question: No, there is no level requirement. (I've seen a level 5 with one.)

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Just pure luck. I got mine couple years back on the first pack opened. It'll pop up when you least expect it, like if someone gifts you a pack or whatnot. Also, there are no level requirements to get mounts from packs lol.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Mounts from packs are EPIC level drops, which means the drop rate is very low. Sadly your luck has been abysmal.