Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

relaxing age restrictions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
I think that players 15/16+ should be eligible for open chat. By the time you reach 15 you'd have already matured enough to have a more vast word choice.

~Mark Shadowcloud~
~Reed Goldenblade~

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
i completely agree!!! That is the number one struggle in the game that we aren't able to get it, and i think we should be able to get it as well!!!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
This has more to do with the ( U.S. ) laws governing MMORPGs. KingsIsle has to comply with these laws to stay in business.

Explorer
May 03, 2016
Lauren rosehaven 1... on Jun 10, 2017 wrote:
i completely agree!!! That is the number one struggle in the game that we aren't able to get it, and i think we should be able to get it as well!!!
Go to your account on the website and select Your Account and then go to Parental control to change that

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
It has to do with child protection laws, not how mature you believe someone to be.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Celescale on Jun 11, 2017 wrote:
Go to your account on the website and select Your Account and then go to Parental control to change that
The person who has the Master Pass is the only one that can change chat options; assuming the OP is 16-ish they are either buying membership with gift cards or a parent/relative is paying for the sub.

In order to change chat options you have to be an adult on file with the account as well as paying for membership with a credit card as verification.

If a parent is in control then it is their decision on whether the minor is mature enough for open chat. It's a legal issue for KI otherwise.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Trust me, 15-16 year-olds have not matured enough to have open chat. Besides, there are Federal laws pertaining to chat in games for those not considered adult age (18+). It's the COPPA law of 1998 (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).

Games such as W101 must comply with these laws.