Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Introduce Day and Night

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I think introducing day and night changes into the game would make it much more interesting, it would give it more of an immersive feel. And then on top of that, maybe implement different weather changes. Maybe even make the changes school based. For example, occasional snow storm, thunder storm, lava or ash in the sky from volcanic eruption, Leaves flying through the air as if you're spending tomorrow underneath Bart's branches, sandstorms, and whatever a more creative mind could think of for death and myth. In my opinion, if you were to add day and night along with even simple climate changes once in a while, it would make this game more interesting and exciting than it already is.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
No, it would ruin the theme of a lot of the areas. Night in the commons or mirage or day in marleybone makes no sense. Plus it seems like a bunch of extra unnecessary complexity and lag.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
This such a lovely idea! I think this would improve the immersion even more, and make much more fun. It would probably also draw a lot of players to the game.

Morgan Darkrider 120

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Erica LifePetal on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
I think introducing day and night changes into the game would make it much more interesting, it would give it more of an immersive feel. And then on top of that, maybe implement different weather changes. Maybe even make the changes school based. For example, occasional snow storm, thunder storm, lava or ash in the sky from volcanic eruption, Leaves flying through the air as if you're spending tomorrow underneath Bart's branches, sandstorms, and whatever a more creative mind could think of for death and myth. In my opinion, if you were to add day and night along with even simple climate changes once in a while, it would make this game more interesting and exciting than it already is.
I disagree. For some of us, the additional animation causes severe lag. For instance, In Azteca, I could move around just fine, but once I completed that world and the Destruction from the comet hit, I can not move near as easy.

Since I am now dual boxing to help wizards on my second account, it becomes a problem. Wizards on first account are almost impossible to move while the wizards on 2nd account can run normally.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
I don't think it should be added everywhere though, just Wizard City and maybe some house.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Could be fun if it was limited to WC commons area to enhance the seasons?

Other worlds? nope; agree with @Daniel Battleleaf

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
maybe as castle magic? have global effects..... leaves running through the air.... change of day/season

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I like the sound of it as a personalized touch for castles. Ability to toggle time of day or even the cycle speed of daylight.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 54 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I agree that this would be an awesome addition, but it would have to be certain areas. I also agree that the Commons would be an ideal location for seasons/time changes. (While yes, certain areas would be best served in their current forms. A sunny Polaris would be weird....

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
exp613 on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
I agree that this would be an awesome addition, but it would have to be certain areas. I also agree that the Commons would be an ideal location for seasons/time changes. (While yes, certain areas would be best served in their current forms. A sunny Polaris would be weird....
even though polaris is russian and not canadian or alaskian.... google Canada in the spring :D

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Yeah I didn't specify, but of course it wouldn't work in every world. Commons, of course. That would be a great place for it. Besides Colossus Bolevard, Nightside, Haunted/Dark cave, and Firecat Alley, I believe that all places in Wizard City could make this work ten fold. I don't know, I just think it'd be cool to have. I know it's a lot of extra time and work having to be out into the game but I just feel it would be really sweet to have that in the game.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Daniel BattleLeaf on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
No, it would ruin the theme of a lot of the areas. Night in the commons or mirage or day in marleybone makes no sense. Plus it seems like a bunch of extra unnecessary complexity and lag.
It's not that it wouldn't make sense, because it would. I understand that keeping the themes going in the world are important, but it'd be cool to me to have a change. Idk maybe a trial and error sort of thing. Try it in Wizard City first and see how it goes.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
I love the idea, but it would be a little hard to pull off.
First off, you need to consider the fact that not everybody in the same place at the world, like someone could be in North Carolina, and someone else could be in Washington State, so maybe it would be a universal timing for day and night, or everybody has their own individual day and night times.
Second off, some of the places in Wizard101 revolve their theme and uniqueness around the time of day, for instance, could you ever see Darkmoor when it's not night and everything isn't so, dark? I guess you could just make some places revolutionary with the aspect of day and night, and that might work.

Overall I like the idea, but it would be a little hard with it's bumps here and there, but it would still be possible. Also, weather could included in some areas just like your idea

Kevin
Finnigan

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
one thing would be awesome if implimented, big ben, Meow fight..... the walls with the clock faces..... show the time on your pc....of coure backwards because your looking from inside out