Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2017
so I am a level 40 death who is currently in dragonspyre, and I have been having to walk around without a mount for such a long time. I do not want to spend crowns, so I was wondering if there were any lower level bosses (wizard city-dragonspyre) that dropped perm mounts
Nathan unicornpants- master (lvl 40) necromancer

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
None that I know of. Perm mounts are only in the bundle packs and crown shops

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The only low-level bosses that I know of to drop a permanent mount are Ra and the Temple Phantom. The Temple Phantom is a wooden skeleton key boss hidden inside Hollow Mountain. He drops the Blue, Gold and Silver Kirins, but they're extremely rare. Ra is also a wooden skeleton key boss, located in the library by Zane in Krok oasis.

If you end up with a dropped Master Dungeon (the one-shot types), they sometimes drop permanent mounts. I've gotten both Master and Archmage one-shot dungeons from Meowiarity for sure, and I think I got one from Krokopatra once. For you, the Master level dungeons should be manageable, especially if you found a friend to go in with you.

Meanwhile, most of the bosses in Wizard City drop one-day mounts. I know Rattlebones is pretty reliable for dropping a one-day broom. If all else fails, you could just hit him a couple of times until the broom drops, then go on your way....

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Yup! There definitely are! Ra, who is a Skeleton Key boss in Krokotopia, drops several permanent mounts. You can also save up 50,000 gold for a horse mount. Hopefully this helps!

Kayla Ironcaller 101
Kayla Deathcaster 67
Wolf Blood 32
Kayla Fire 20

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I didn't realize when I first was new to the game that some of the mounts in the crown you shop you can buy for gold ;

when scrolling through the list of mounts, underneath your avatar pic astride the mount, there is a 'crowns' tab and a 'gold' tab; if you click on the 'gold tab' it will highlight and give you the gold cost if it's able to be purchased that way.

examples - the Lion, Lioness, Tiger, are all gold mounts if you choose. Same with some of the horses.

hope this helped.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
My recommendation (and what I did on my first wiz) is to sell everything you don't need (especially gear, which you should've collected a lot of by now) and use some of the gold to buy timed mounts from zeke. Since you don't want to spend crowns, and farming bosses takes a very long time especially at lower levels, this is really your only option. If you have to farm though, try lord nightshade.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I don't know of any bosses that drop mounts, but I know you can buy 1-day/7-day mounts from Zeke in every world.
You can also use real money to buy a bundle that'll grant you a mount.
I hope that helps.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Deathschoolftw12 on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
so I am a level 40 death who is currently in dragonspyre, and I have been having to walk around without a mount for such a long time. I do not want to spend crowns, so I was wondering if there were any lower level bosses (wizard city-dragonspyre) that dropped perm mounts
Nathan unicornpants- master (lvl 40) necromancer
I will encourage those who can, to randomly gift a person who has no mount and seems to be struggling without one or lost, to gift them one.

I hope you can resolve this soon.

I guess meanwhile just keep trying to win temporary mounts, or, ask for a Wizard gift card for birthday or holiday.

Good luck.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011