Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Change To Critical

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
first allow the words Crits, Crit, Criticaling, Criticalled to the text chat

me and my friend, was talking about how unbalanced the critical system is... i mean if you took a storm and an ice, gave em gear that could put them at max critical... 1000... storm would have it by lvl 90, ice would be still trying to get it by lvl 130... even if you gave them the exact same gear down to the finest threads used to bind the cloths, storm sits at 100% ice around 70%.... we thought of a simple way to balance it... if you are the Hitter classes... fire, storm, death, balance... you have to get higher critical number to get 100%, but if youre more the support class, you to hit 100% is far less... i mean if you can do 500, on a unenchanted, no critical, no buffs stormsnake... you really dont need to have critical as much, as say a myth, who even with top gear, Cyclops only does around 1500... again with no critical, enchant, and buffs... and we're not even talking about a massive gap...by max lvl, if you're storm, fire, death, or balance.. you'll need 1000 to be 100% critical, ice, life and myth, 800 to have 100% critical... and this will also varies from school to school.... but you have 3 people you need a 4th... will you ever consider picking a life, ice, or myth?... life maybe, till you add, sacrifice, healing current, and availing hands.... basically make the lower tier classes easier to be higher tier.... idk

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I really don't see how ice is a lower tier class. This post is offending to me.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
cole spellslinger on May 29, 2017 wrote:
I really don't see how ice is a lower tier class. This post is offending to me.
lower tier as, how often do you say or hear "oh no dont call your storm or fire friend, i got an ice he'll one shot this boss" not to even mention... ice has no gear that is critical focus *darkmoor storm robe-133 storm critical* *darkmoor ice robe-57 ice critical* *storm put on robe-adds 5% to critical* *ice puts on robe-1% to ccritial*

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
camahawk on May 30, 2017 wrote:
lower tier as, how often do you say or hear "oh no dont call your storm or fire friend, i got an ice he'll one shot this boss" not to even mention... ice has no gear that is critical focus *darkmoor storm robe-133 storm critical* *darkmoor ice robe-57 ice critical* *storm put on robe-adds 5% to critical* *ice puts on robe-1% to ccritial*
Yeah ok so lower tier as in damage is the only important thing in the game? Ice can be a very good school to have in any team up as long as they have good resistance. Let the ice go in first then everybody else goes in. You can't just say one school is worse than the others. It really all depends on the person controlling the wizard. That is why I find this post offensive. Because my highest level wizard happens to be an ice and I have helped a ton in Darkmoor and other dungeons.

Explorer
May 03, 2016
I agree with Cole That ice isn't a low tier school but storm is meant to have that high critical. That critical rate goes with the damage they get from gear. But that critical doesn't work in worlds from Khrysalsis and forward. Even so, Ice still isn't low tier. Ice last longer in batter than storm because they have more health. By level 20 and ice wizard can have over 2500 health while storm is still at half that. ICR has many benefits that storm doesn't such as high blocking rate, high resistance, and health.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
camahawk on May 30, 2017 wrote:
Critical is completely useless in PvE. I bet any sane player would want it gone altogether. Except maybe the Theurgists.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Ice has high resist and critical block, Ice is already OP if you didn't know that. It's arguably the best school is the game in terms of PVP, higher critical will result in ice being undefeated. This would definitly unbalance the game which is not what we want.

Kane, Level 88 Archmage Necromancer

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
...... okayyyyyyyy this post ha been blown clearly out of proportions....... all i was suggesting is for schools like Ice, Myth, and Life, to be able to hit 100% critical at 800 points... while Storm, Fire, Death, Balance, 1000points.... even vary between that..... but ice is 200 points difference from storm.... I'm already a 120 ice, and i'm running with full Omen, Rat, Darkmoor, Rattle, Krok, Zeus, Meow... every possibility... barely reach 1000...100% critical... while storm, probably sits 250+ over the 1000 critical.... good lord this post is everywhere.... all i asked was to set ice max critical to like 800... what ever storm is, -200.... and myth and life as well, being more support based.... while fire, balance, death, and storm, being the better attack based...have the gear that grants the most critical....be 1000+

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
camahawk on Jun 1, 2017 wrote:
...... okayyyyyyyy this post ha been blown clearly out of proportions....... all i was suggesting is for schools like Ice, Myth, and Life, to be able to hit 100% critical at 800 points... while Storm, Fire, Death, Balance, 1000points.... even vary between that..... but ice is 200 points difference from storm.... I'm already a 120 ice, and i'm running with full Omen, Rat, Darkmoor, Rattle, Krok, Zeus, Meow... every possibility... barely reach 1000...100% critical... while storm, probably sits 250+ over the 1000 critical.... good lord this post is everywhere.... all i asked was to set ice max critical to like 800... what ever storm is, -200.... and myth and life as well, being more support based.... while fire, balance, death, and storm, being the better attack based...have the gear that grants the most critical....be 1000+
well then ice would be even more op

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
camahawk on Jun 1, 2017 wrote:
We understand what you are saying and it is precisely this we are opposed to. Ice is already a top tier school in pretty much every category of PvP it participates in. Furthermore at max lvl Ice has made huge, huge offensive gains while still maintaining the massive health advantage and defensive advantage that defines the school. Giving it extra crit just for the lols would further overpower an already OP school. No thanks.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I can acutally hit 100% critical on my myth with just one critical pet jewel and some gear jewels, sure it harder to do than on storm, but it is possible.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Um not death, im a max death with full darkmoor gear and have 40% critical.

Although i am using the alpha omega amulet rather than the critical amulet from the mimic

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
Um not death, im a max death with full darkmoor gear and have 40% critical.

Although i am using the alpha omega amulet rather than the critical amulet from the mimic
I beg to differ. My death has 100% critical.