Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are side quests worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2012
I have just made a new wizard and i want to know if side quests are really worth it

I'd love to hear your feedback

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Definitely.

I click the 'see more quests' or whatever in the notebook after completing each quest or boss.

I activate as many quests at one time as possible.

This really cuts time while adding more xp. If you can kill the same type of enemy and close more than one quest per enemy isn't it more efficient?

You will also get more rewards (some of which are unique to the side quest), and level up much faster.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
It really depends. If you don't mind the game going a bit slower, you want to be ahead in terms of levels, or if this is your first wizard (to get more experience in the game), go for it. If this is your third or fourth wizard and all you are interested in is speed running the game, then no.

Survivor
May 10, 2014
Blake DeathRider on May 22, 2017 wrote:
I have just made a new wizard and i want to know if side quests are really worth it

I believe side quests are worth it, but as long as they're not too difficult or take too long, on my storm I try to pick up side quests so that I can be a higher level than others in the same world as me, giving me access to better gear and spells.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Only do side quests if you want to be over leveled to make it easier. Definitely do side quests if you're doing a solo run.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Hmm I have another question, can you max out without doing any side quests?

Currently questing through Dun dara, Avalon

Kane Transcendent

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
General Kai on May 22, 2017 wrote:

Kane Transcendent
Yes, easily.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
General Kai on May 22, 2017 wrote:

Kane Transcendent
Absolutely.

I had maxed out before even reaching the last two maps in Mirage. Once maxed, you obviously don't gain any more experience, which makes it a bit boring because you will only be doing quests merely to complete the world, and not to leve up.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Daniel BattleLeaf, SrEdu

Thanks for letting me know, I was just making sure, and I can tell questing without leveling up would be boring.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Blake DeathRider on May 22, 2017 wrote:

Well take it from a person who has done every side quest in the game (apart from mirage) that YES it is good to do them BUT only from arc 2 onwards. Ignore all side quests from Wizard City, Krok, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspire, Wysteria and Grizzle. Do all the side quests in Wintertusk, ignore in Celestia and Zafaria. Avalon is optional but from Azteca they give really good XP so do them all, especially Khrysalis and Polaris.

Good Luck and Have Fun.
Ryan WindHunter lvl 118 (just starting Mirage)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
they are absolutely worth it!!!!.....they can help level you up if you are at the low-end level in a particular world....I am 90+% solo and hit everyone I come across....for example, I'm in Azteca(level 86) right now and came across 2 side quests...they were med. difficult and I used henchmen....and walked away with 85,000 exp. points!...not a shabby reward!.....Celestia is another world with nice reward side quests....I do believe I gained 5 levels before moving on.
Quest On!!

Survivor
Apr 20, 2017
Not really, I follow the Main Quest line and Zekes only and I max out my Level almost before last world !

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
Yes they are. They make you be a higher level as you progress through the worlds so you''ll have a stronger wizard. And doing side quests has made this game easier for me.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2015
Yes for the experience points to help you level up I do all side quests