Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire dragon Animation/Card update

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
I dont play fire... but hopefully I'm not the only one who see's that the Fire Dragon.... lvl 48 spell.... needs an update.. it just looks so derpy.... compared to other dragons we seen, Skeletal, Catalon, ColdFire (Winterbane) Jabberwock, Fire Dragon looks like it being the nerdy kid in spenders running around highschool "he-hey guys, d-dont mind me, i'mma just breath a little fire on you, o-ok? oh no... i need my inhaler!" it's just under designed compared to the rest....and i know it was made in like 2011-12.... wiz came out in 09.....so of course the beginning animations was poor...and simple.... but meh... take Firedragon.... compare it to Frost Giant, and Storm Lord

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
Nope, sorry to disagree, but I think it has one of the coolest animations in the spiral. If anything needs an update it's Skeletal Dragon. I just personally think it should look more like the bone drake we all know and love.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
camahawk on May 16, 2017 wrote:
I dont play fire... but hopefully I'm not the only one who see's that the Fire Dragon.... lvl 48 spell.... needs an update.. it just looks so derpy.... compared to other dragons we seen, Skeletal, Catalon, ColdFire (Winterbane) Jabberwock, Fire Dragon looks like it being the nerdy kid in spenders running around highschool "he-hey guys, d-dont mind me, i'mma just breath a little fire on you, o-ok? oh no... i need my inhaler!" it's just under designed compared to the rest....and i know it was made in like 2011-12.... wiz came out in 09.....so of course the beginning animations was poor...and simple.... but meh... take Firedragon.... compare it to Frost Giant, and Storm Lord
I feel like the actual design is pretty good and unique to other dragons and spells but maybe they could include a glowy fiery design along its body. However I do feel that there could be updated. It looks like to me instead of breathing fire it's just breathing really hot air so that could use a touch up. I also feel that maybe a few different random animations could play instead of just the standard one (sorta like how fire elf got a few variables) as long as they aren't longer than the current one because we don't want another Ra or forest lord do we?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
eh, again compared to Storm lord and Frost Giant.... where you can the random surges of electricity, or snow flakes.... where you tremble by the hand crackling first time SL is casted, where you can see through the giant ice hammer... they just seem better made... i mean fire dragon....has no depth... like give it bigger flames, more scales/spikes, make it horns actually look like horns and not just intense heated sticks on it's head

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Fire Dragon is just fine as it is. I have 2 fire wizards and I use that spell quite often.

I don't think that spell needs any changes at all. Most of the spells are just fine as they are. It isn't necessary to change or update their graphics.

There was some graphics updates a few years ago that caused many of us to see flashing squares when we would cast a spell. Not fun to watch with contacts. In fact, it makes your eyes hurt and can cause other problems for some players. In some, it can cause seizures and headaches.

There are some spells that some of us have to turn our eyes away from the screen now due to excessive flash, but we deal with it unless it is really excessive. So lets just leave the Fire Dragon as it is.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
I disagree. Fire Dragon is an Insanely Cool Animation. If Anything At All, Skeletal Dragon Should Get an Update. Sorry to be Mean, it just Looks a bit, "Fat" to Me. I want it to be turned into the Bone Drake Like in Malistaires Dungeon and Breathe That Blue Fire as Well.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Just correcting your historical timeline and pointing out a wee flaw in your logic. The spells you complimented were made at the exact same time as the one you dissed.

The Fire Dragon was designed in 2009, the same time as Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Rebirth, Orthrus, etc. They are all the level 48 spells that came out at the same time as Dragonspyre. Wizard101 came out beta in 2008 (minus Dragonspyre), and went live in 2009.

As for the Fire Dragon animation, I do play Fire and it's all right. Could be better, I suppose, but I've never had any complaints about the way it plays on screen. The spells I'd lobby for changing are Myth and its early obsession with vomiting bats and frogs. Ew.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
camahawk on May 17, 2017 wrote:
eh, again compared to Storm lord and Frost Giant.... where you can the random surges of electricity, or snow flakes.... where you tremble by the hand crackling first time SL is casted, where you can see through the giant ice hammer... they just seem better made... i mean fire dragon....has no depth... like give it bigger flames, more scales/spikes, make it horns actually look like horns and not just intense heated sticks on it's head
I think I agree as well, Camahawk. when Fire Dragon is Summoned, Everything is Good But when it Breathes its Fire, (Like, When it Breathes Into the Air Before it Breathes on the Enemy..) Its a bit just like tiny Clouds. When it Breathes it should look like the Real Fire it Breathes when Breathing on the Enemy. But Sadly that's the Only thing in my Opinion that needs changing

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I think it could use some minor tweaks, but to be honest I think it's mostly fine.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Freshta on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
Just correcting your historical timeline and pointing out a wee flaw in your logic. The spells you complimented were made at the exact same time as the one you dissed.

The Fire Dragon was designed in 2009, the same time as Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Rebirth, Orthrus, etc. They are all the level 48 spells that came out at the same time as Dragonspyre. Wizard101 came out beta in 2008 (minus Dragonspyre), and went live in 2009.

As for the Fire Dragon animation, I do play Fire and it's all right. Could be better, I suppose, but I've never had any complaints about the way it plays on screen. The spells I'd lobby for changing are Myth and its early obsession with vomiting bats and frogs. Ew.

Alia Misthaven
You know the one thing it would be better? Having it streamlined to attack all targets at once instead of one at a time.

The Fire Dragon attacking only one target at a time is one of the most long & boring waiting times I've seen yet in an attack spell. I think streamlining it's attack animation could shave off many seconds off our lives. What do you think?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Trimond297 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
You know the one thing it would be better? Having it streamlined to attack all targets at once instead of one at a time.

The Fire Dragon attacking only one target at a time is one of the most long & boring waiting times I've seen yet in an attack spell. I think streamlining it's attack animation could shave off many seconds off our lives. What do you think?
Actually that I do agree with!

The dragon's breath should blast out and hit everyone at once. It would speed up the animation and look more awesome/ferocious at the same time.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Trimond297 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:

I Agree! It Would be SOOOOO Amazing to Have it just Breathe on All of the Players at the Same Time! Starting to Breathe From the left and Ending at the right! It would be so Amazing! I'd like this to be implemented with Ra As Well! It Simply Takes A Lot of Time and Takes up to More then 20 Seconds For The Animation to Aoe on 4 Enemies I think.