Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One character takes 2 minutes to load areas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2013
I've seen threads like this around - one character, usually their highest, takes a lot longer to load than the others. I've seen their solutions, too, but they don't seem to work on my character, who, at level 106, takes a full 2 minutes longer to load than my life wizard who's at level 52. Now, as for the common solutions:

This wizard has 200-300 treasure cards and 60-70 objects in her backpack. Most of the objects in her backpack are not high level.

Have emptied cache, etc.

Is there anything else that I should do? This problem has become very annoying to all my friends and has been causing me great distress.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cemirror on May 15, 2017 wrote:
I've seen threads like this around - one character, usually their highest, takes a lot longer to load than the others. I've seen their solutions, too, but they don't seem to work on my character, who, at level 106, takes a full 2 minutes longer to load than my life wizard who's at level 52. Now, as for the common solutions:

This wizard has 200-300 treasure cards and 60-70 objects in her backpack. Most of the objects in her backpack are not high level.

Have emptied cache, etc.

Is there anything else that I should do? This problem has become very annoying to all my friends and has been causing me great distress.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Try running a cleaner and defrag on your computer. Also check for any drivers that may need to be updated.

Everything you do on your computer gets sort of scrambled after a while. Cleaning it up and running a defrag about once a month should help speed up your game play.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
DragonLady1818 on May 15, 2017 wrote:
Try running a cleaner and defrag on your computer. Also check for any drivers that may need to be updated.

Everything you do on your computer gets sort of scrambled after a while. Cleaning it up and running a defrag about once a month should help speed up your game play.
I agree, definitely free up some memory on your computer. Also, all of the items and treasure cards are generally pre-loaded, just like the world data for the next world right before you finish the previous world, so those items would have no effect on your initial loading. As for it being slow, if your computer is an older model with less than 8GB of RAM, that is most likely the reason why your game is loading so slowly. There are also background processes to take into account.