Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are False Reporters Being Sanctioned?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Lately, I've been reported a couple times in the arena over a PvP match without breaking any rules of the game. People seem to report for any reason like there are no consequences back. Are their accounts being sanctioned, because they seem to think that it's OKAY, when it is NOT OKAY.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
Duncan SpiritWard on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Lately, I've been reported a couple times in the arena over a PvP match without breaking any rules of the game. People seem to report for any reason like there are no consequences back. Are their accounts being sanctioned, because they seem to think that it's OKAY, when it is NOT OKAY.
I agree. Many accounts are being banned or suspended because of false reports of harassment, annoyance, etc. I hope KI can look into this and hopefully check the chat logs before they make the decision to penalize accounts.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
It truely does not matter, most griefers in the arena make noob accounts so they can say and do as they wish, if it gets banned they just make a new one.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
So far, I have never encountered anyone being 'punished' for false reporting; what happens is the person subjected to the false reports has to prove that it was False (happened to me personally in Arena).

It doesn't seem to be enforced. Guilty until proven Innocent seems to be the MO so far

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
People use false reports to harass. I hope they are being punished, because it seems like they're not. They do it constantly.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
SAR28 on Jun 8, 2017 wrote:
People use false reports to harass. I hope they are being punished, because it seems like they're not. They do it constantly.
that would be Nice. but after 5 years of subjection to it (in Arena) I have yet to meet anyone who has or knows of anyone else that has faced sanctions for it.