Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advice on Training Points

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hey guys!

I have a level 34 balance wizard, and I have one training point. I'm not really sure on what to use it on or just save it for something later. Any advice anyone?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Save it. If you don't know what you need, you probably don't need anything now. At some point you'll think "I wish I had ____". That will be time.

There are must-have Astral spells starting at level 50. My balance has rarely used off-school spells other than those and Feint.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
Fiona FairySong on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys!

I have a level 34 balance wizard, and I have one training point. I'm not really sure on what to use it on or just save it for something later. Any advice anyone?
Well you can start putting it towards training in Life school but you also will get 2 of your own healing spells so you can maybe secondary in a damaging school like Fire or Storm. Your choice whether or not you wanna get some more damaging spells or help sustain yourself easier. Another way of sustaining yourself better and making solo questing MUCH easier, is secondary in Death.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I would say the best option is not to train for a secondary attack school as even with a mastery amulet you will quickly reach a point where the damage capabilities of that secondary school are worthless. Train for specific spells/effects. Tower Shield, Feint, Reshuffle, Satyr, etc. You probably don't particularly need satyr (as balance) so I would suggest getting ice to tower shield, death to feint and then save points for astral magic when you reach 50.

I personally would not worry about training any moon spells, but a lot of sun and star spells are extremely useful as you move forward. The damage enchants and various auras that boost offense/defense are very worthwhile to learn.