Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Crowns to Gold Exchange Rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
Open up the crowns ahop and click on gold. You will see 800 crowns give you 1000 gold. But 1000 gold is easily obtained from one boss in Dragonspyre or above. It is so easy to get this, and the fact it costs 5 dollars to get the lowest amount of crowns means you will be spending a lot of money on that. You can get 50000 gold for around 20 to 30 thousand crowns. This current system is something not many people like. Tell me your opinions below.

Padric Skullstaff
Level 71

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
me personally i would NEVER use crows for gold as it is a mega waste of money. in fact the real question should be make gold more useful. based on what you said though it should cost no more then 1 buck for max amount of gold because gold is useless. i can easy buy a pack and sell the junk it gives me and make way more then 5K

Defender
May 30, 2010
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 8, 2017 wrote:
me personally i would NEVER use crows for gold as it is a mega waste of money. in fact the real question should be make gold more useful. based on what you said though it should cost no more then 1 buck for max amount of gold because gold is useless. i can easy buy a pack and sell the junk it gives me and make way more then 5K
I agree I too will never use crowns for gold as after you get your darkmoore gear the rest of the game you do not need gold unless you are low on pet snacks or something but by then most people have their density pet.
Maybe they should do a gold to crowns since it is more useful

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
The crowns to gold exchange rates are ridiculous, and any other W101 player can easily agree.

A good exchange rate would ( imo ) be around 250 gold per crown. 10 crowns per 2.5k gold, 50 crowns 12.5k gold, 100 crowns 25k gold, and so on and so forth.

Most importantly I'd like to state ( especially for many of those who simply claim to just remove the crowns to gold exchange rates ), is that this feature would be beneficial to lower level wizards, etc. Yes, higher level wizards can ofc farm for gold, however getting gold at a wizard leveled anywhere from level 1 to level 40 is rather difficult, especially if you don't have any available higher level players / friends to farm with.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 8, 2017 wrote:
100% agreed, hands down. Out of anything in the crowns shop you can blow your crowns / money on, getting gold would be the absolute worst and downright biggest " money wasting " purchase you could make.