Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 90 Storm gear to get

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
Hello, I have a level 88 storm wizard currently using the water works gear, I am looking to get new gear as I am at the end of Azteca looking for new gear for darkmoor. I am looking for more critical-damage gear so I was thinking about using the

-Hades blackrain helm

-Hades blackthunder armor
-Heavy rain slippers
-Blade of the felled Titan
-Alpha and Omega ring
-Amulet of divine influence
-Hades staff of tempests
I was wondering if this gear set would be a good choice, thanks

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I would consider this a perfect gear set for someone your lvl, but be prepared for TONS of farming. I personally would just skip the amulet as it's not really worth it since it takes weeks to get sometimes, especially with really good ones, maybe even better ones, from polaris, darkmoor, and morganthe. Also the boots can be switched out with the hades ones. Finally, unless you really want it, I don't think the hat robe and boots are really needed since waterworks stuff has more damage and darkmoor is 10 lvls away.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
Daniel BattleLeaf on May 6, 2017 wrote:
I would consider this a perfect gear set for someone your lvl, but be prepared for TONS of farming. I personally would just skip the amulet as it's not really worth it since it takes weeks to get sometimes, especially with really good ones, maybe even better ones, from polaris, darkmoor, and morganthe. Also the boots can be switched out with the hades ones. Finally, unless you really want it, I don't think the hat robe and boots are really needed since waterworks stuff has more damage and darkmoor is 10 lvls away.
ok, thanks, the only problem is I need better gear to farm darkmoor :D

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You might consider doing a search for storm gear on the internet. There are many official W101 fansites out there that can provide great gear options for most levels. You could probably do a gear comparison on these sites, too.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The ring and blade are nice to have, though there are other good options at 100. You don't need the amulet of divine influence. An amulet that gives school blade or item sharpen blade would be more useful.

For most play, including Darkmoor, you are better off in Waterworks gear than Hades. Crafted AZ block boots and Waterworks robe and hat will get you through KR too. I would not bother with any main Tartarus gear, or trying to get critical up. Top bosses block anyway, so straight damage is more important. With the new system crit isn't something to rely on.

You could get your 88 to 100 and get the much better Mali gear with less effort than trying to get Hades and Divine.

If you are less than 100% power pips, you might want to fix that with jewels.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
Gemma Luna on May 8, 2017 wrote:
The ring and blade are nice to have, though there are other good options at 100. You don't need the amulet of divine influence. An amulet that gives school blade or item sharpen blade would be more useful.

For most play, including Darkmoor, you are better off in Waterworks gear than Hades. Crafted AZ block boots and Waterworks robe and hat will get you through KR too. I would not bother with any main Tartarus gear, or trying to get critical up. Top bosses block anyway, so straight damage is more important. With the new system crit isn't something to rely on.

You could get your 88 to 100 and get the much better Mali gear with less effort than trying to get Hades and Divine.

If you are less than 100% power pips, you might want to fix that with jewels.
So far I have gotten the Hades robe, instead of the hades wand I went with the Fortune tellers eternal gaze, alpha and omega ring.and the new balestrom boots I just need the hat, athame, and amulet, but I am not sure if I should spend that much time farming these items as I can get the dragons talon of tumult, and lady of the spiders lure in 10 levels

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Noah Hexsword on May 9, 2017 wrote:
So far I have gotten the Hades robe, instead of the hades wand I went with the Fortune tellers eternal gaze, alpha and omega ring.and the new balestrom boots I just need the hat, athame, and amulet, but I am not sure if I should spend that much time farming these items as I can get the dragons talon of tumult, and lady of the spiders lure in 10 levels
I wouldn't spend time on it. Once you get to 100 there are better options for everything. Blade of the Felled Titan isn't too hard to get, but the drop odds for the other stuff is pretty low.