Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-5-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday once again, and that means it's time for a new topic!

Today, let's chat about Daily Assignments. If you could have a daily reward for another type of activity besides exploring and battling, which one would you pick? PVP? Collecting animus? Teaming up? Let us know what you think. Additionally, if you have suggestions of what you'd like to see in daily rewards, we'd like to hear that as well!

Wizards, have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on May 5, 2017 wrote:
It's Friday once again, and that means it's time for a new topic!

Today, let's chat about Daily Assignments. If you could have a daily reward for another type of activity besides exploring and battling, which one would you pick? PVP? Collecting animus? Teaming up? Let us know what you think. Additionally, if you have suggestions of what you'd like to see in daily rewards, we'd like to hear that as well!

Wizards, have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Hi oh that's hard one so many things I'd like to add to that but one I'd love to see is crafting a certain item to complete your daily or getting a reagent those would be fun oh and training a pet to a certain level would be fun to I know a lot of pet trainers that would probably love a reward for training a perfect pet two have a great weekend

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Collecting animus because all you really do is earn xp for it and can create creatures, you don't really earn anything, with gardening, u earn mega snacks for your pets, so collecting Animus should be the #1 on the next one needing rewards

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I think that there should be rewards for teaming up. It's a great way to get farther in the game, and it's always nice to help people out. I think people should get rewarded for being nice to their fellow wizards.

Community Leader
Daily rewards for team up is an excellent idea. It incentivizes players to help others.

I would like to see an account-based currency for completing dailies that can be used to purchase cool-looking armor and wands. Some of the most desired cosmetic gear is gated behind farming bosses for hours on end. Personally, I'd rather spend that time helping others.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
Honestly I just came back to Wizard101 full time about 1 1/2 2 months ago. First off I would like to thank you for the awesome new stuff I didn't know you added. I think a cool planting daily reward would be kinda cool. Maybe just a daily log in reward. Or this just came into my head. How about using Gamma a little more and let him hand out a daily reward :) either way. I am super happy with Wizards. TY for all you do for us :)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2016
I think adding skeleton keys as a reward to daily quests would be good. like stone and wooden ones for higher level wizards as they are hard to come by, though usually high level wizards have plenty of gold keys and no or few stone or wooden keys, I tried to farm the house of scales for stone keys and when I went back on the 3rd time the crowns value In the chest started at 1100 crowns to open the chest. that can't be right and is totally unfair.

Max fire wizard

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Since when have the professors realised about the existence of PvP?

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
I think it would be nice to get a daily reward from team up
A lot of lower players need help and sometimes have to wait like an hour or so before someone comes to their aid, so a little incentive for people would be helpful for all

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Would love to see new end of week prizes in the daily rewards.

I have way too many teleporters and I don't use them.

It's disappointing to do daily rewards for a week only to get a lower level gem or a treasure card or a gardening card (I don't garden anyway.)

Maybe even once in a while, it could be a really big prize like a bundle of crowns or gold. More than 10 or 15 I mean.

Maybe once in a while some level appropriate and school matching item of gear. Please make it auctionable in case we have it.

Maybe some unusual furniture.

Maybe a daily-reward specific mount or pet. Permanent

Love when I win a mini game for my castle. Those are expensive and can come in handy. It's nice if I win ones I wouldn't buy (Because I don't play those games) in case I would ever have guests, or open my castle for a house tour.

As for a different type of daily -- I like when it is easy. When we just have to go somewhere. Many people have 6 wizards. Six hard battles in a row every day can get tedious. (I know it's optional.)

Maybe just visiting different parts of the spiral. Maybe sometimes having a team up be a daily. It would increase the number of people who get helped.

Maybe shopping or selling, once in a while. (Buy or sell anything.)

Maybe train a pet in one game once in a while. Maybe feed a pet once in a while.

I don't want it to be collecting animus because apart from Lost Soul I can't get it to work with anything else.

I don't want it to be PVP I never PVP'd.

Maybe make some rewards that are daily task specific. End of week rewards that are really cool. That might also make the free to play players happy. Been a lot of topics lately by people who want cool stuff without paying real money.

Thanks.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Please please no team ups or PvP.. or boss fights.. some of us have more than one account and so that is a very long time to do a daily..

Also, please stop giving out so many mini games/transporters and temporary mounts..

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Let's not get side activities involved. It would make some people feel excluded. But there could be assignments to scan NPCs. Just talk to the NPC Agon wants a reading on and the assignment is complete.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I think new rewards could be Pirate101 music scrolls. They rarely drop from fishing chests, and even more rarely show up in the Bazaar.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
One thing you should totally bring back is those quest from Celestia where you have to buy items to progress, whether you do it as a daily assignment, or a main or side quest, it'd be really cool to see them again.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
I had an idea, not necessarily for daily assignments, but rather the daily rewards you get from bundle houses. I think it would be a good idea to fight a boss for a daily reward. (the difficulty would probably be based on the level of the wizard who redeemed the bundle.) Whatever the boss would drop would be your daily reward. One thing though, the boss could only be fought once a day. Though I highly doubt this'll be added to current bundles, I would love to see something like this in a future bundle.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Collect Animus and work with other who would like to do the same.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Thank you so much for asking! I think it's high time we learned more about Pekrons, so another Daily Assignment quest -- accessible for all wizards -- seems appropriate at this point. Crafting a particular item might be fun - like Transmute an Acorn to see if there is a Pekron association?

Would it be possible to add a "Choose your reward" feature? Could we possible be given three or four rewards to choose from, so that we could select something rather than just receive a randomized, possibly unwanted, item? There may even be players who would gladly get 5,000 gold rather than another Potion Motion Kiosk.

I would like to see the chest rewards include both socket wrenches and skeleton keys, possibly even "pouches" of rare reagents - five steel, for example. Low level seeds should be removed from the drop list. Getting Helephant Ears simply doesn't make ANYONE happy on a chest day.

Community Leader
How about visiting a house through housing tour?

Collecting Animus would be a good one.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I enjoy the daily assignments. I particularly like the artwork and doodles that change with each month. Don't think that we don't notice that! For May, I loved all the moms and gobbler mom too!
Who DOESN'T love the double daily assignment rewards? Those are terrific! Thank you for doing that!

I have more teleporters then I could EVER use. They were nice at first, but now it is just becoming a bit overwhelming with the amount I have now between six wizards. I love seeing mote reagents, in particular the motes of eternity and the motes of transport. More of those would be nice. Would love LOVE to see socket wrenches and stone skeleton keys as day 10 or 15 rewards. That would really make my wizards happy!

As far as actual assignments, yes please include new quests: animus collecting, catch a simple fish, (no epic fish),
gardening and especially helping others via the team up kiosk. Since the assignments are optional, if some wizards do not garden or fish, or collect animus, they can skip that day.

Also pekrons are scientific and it would be neat if we got some new quests with Agon to do more experiments with the pekrons! That is the most fun and interesting thing about daily assignments IMO.

Thank you for posting this as a Feedback Friday topic Professor!

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
Could all Fairy Wings be bought as one colour and then you can change it when ever you wish.

Been farming Sylvia Spitfire for the Orange Fairy Wings and they have not dropped at all. Lots of Blue, no Orange.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Please no PVP!

I like the idea of crafting the most, but also Team Up, gardening and talking to an NPC (talking to an NPC sounds most fun, and could be good teasers i.e. "Now, that you mention it, there have been some strange things going on Wizard." Have them talk to Summner "something strange is afoot" dialogue could be recycled. haha.

I do think that introducing like crafting, gardening and monstrology would probably create more outrage than it's worth. Perhaps they could be introduced as side quests similar to the side quests that are already implemented? Or perhaps they could be essentially "bonus moves" and after you complete the regular daily assignment you have the opportunity to do a Secondary Daily Assignment? This would be a harder thing such as craft an item or something.

Really I think some expansion to crafting would be nice, but that probably deserves it's own post. (Crafting some Elixirs? or even Transformation Elixirs?)

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
Maybe gardening would be a good idea. I am a grandmaster gardener, and have been gardening for a very long time. I would like to see some "plant this crop" "water your plants" or "get rid of pests". It would be great to have some activity based assignments.

-Darby U.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
I think instead of working on a daily assignment thing to change. I think you guys should work on making a bundle that you can have a pet kennel or a pet house where you can put 250 pets inside and then 250 pets outside. A lot of people don't have places to put pets except their backpack and separate houses. I feel like everyone has this problem

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For players who don't have access to Crowns, the teleporters, mini-game kiosks and 7-day rental mounts are wonderful. No doubt.

For me...? Not so great. I don't want more of those things, I've already got more than I need.

What I'd like to see, therefore, is the option to personally select a class of rewards each new assignment cycle. For people who would LOVE a temporary mount, or a mini-game, they can select "Crowns Item" as their class of reward.

For someone like me who is more into decorating, crafting and pet hatching, I'd love to select "Housing," or "Crafting," or "Pets" as a reward class. Please, more rare housing items, Sonic springs or Mega pet gems! I'd craft something or train a pet to get a reward like that! Other ideas are "Gardening" class of rewards (seeds, planter, super gardening treasure card, etc) or maybe "Fishing" rewards (like a luck elixir or perhaps an aquarium).

With pet, gardening, fishing or crafting reward options, we would select that class for the 15 day cycle and then do assignments related to receiving that class of reward.

I think most of us agree that more options would be wonderful, but to respect our vast diversity of interests it would be fantastic to be able to choose what rewards we want to work for.

Thanks for asking!

Alia Misthaven

Hero
May 07, 2015
collecting animus! I like farming for animus, and having a reward after a collect a certain amount, would be awesome! and gardening would be cool too!

the warrior, AKA Miranda jade song level 103
the enchantress, AKA scarlet song level 18
the singer, AKA fallon star level 2
the hunter, AKA Cheryl shadow level 2
the comedian, AKA Jaqueline lion rider level 1
the new guy, AKA paul shadow slinger level 1