Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can i skip the launcher/patcher?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2016
I have a couple of accounts, and often use my max level wizard on one account to help a lower wizard on the other account.

It works well enough. Launch one account, let the launcher finish scanning all the files and get to character select.

Then I can start the other account. The launcher again scans all the files it has just finished scanning, and eventually I can get my second character to play.

But scanning takes a long time, and it seems to be a waste of time in this case.

Is there a way to start the game without doing the scan? I tried running the various .exe files in the wizard101 folders. All of them seem to call the launcher first, then run the game. Can I supply a parameter or something to tell them not to bother patching again, as I can with several other games?

Thank you for any answer.

David Iceheart

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
While I don't have the multi-account issue, I too find the launcher/scanner thing frustrating in the extreme for loading the game. If there is a way to either bypass it, or change the way the launcher works, I agree it should be done. It never made sense to me that it has to check for updates every single launch.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Morwic on May 2, 2017 wrote:
I have a couple of accounts, and often use my max level wizard on one account to help a lower wizard on the other account.

It works well enough. Launch one account, let the launcher finish scanning all the files and get to character select.

Then I can start the other account. The launcher again scans all the files it has just finished scanning, and eventually I can get my second character to play.

But scanning takes a long time, and it seems to be a waste of time in this case.

Is there a way to start the game without doing the scan? I tried running the various .exe files in the wizard101 folders. All of them seem to call the launcher first, then run the game. Can I supply a parameter or something to tell them not to bother patching again, as I can with several other games?

David Iceheart
You might want to get another computer so you can start both character scanning at same time. My computer finishes scan only after a min so it might be your computer. I think it patching both since they are two different accounts and not the same account

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
This seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Many games don't give players a way to trick the application into playing multiple accounts at the same time. If something were to happen, would KI help you resolve the issue?

Takes a minute or two to load. Hardly an issue. I say you're better off not playing around with the parameters in place.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

David Iceheart
All players who have multiple accounts have to deal with the same thing. It is possible that you need to run a cleaner and defrag on your computer which in turn will speed up some of the loading and game play.

As for altering or supplying any other parameters to change how this works, would not be a good idea and it could cause you some problems you don't want. The game does not belong to you and changing parameters could get you banned.

You might want to go check this post by Professor Greyrose.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/changing-keyboard-bindings-8ad6a41743d8263b0143d9b2ac811046?page=1

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008

David Iceheart
Sorry. Bypassing the launcher is against the terms of use.