Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Professor Gear not really usable?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2014
I haven't looked at all the professor gear, but at least for my myth character, I feel that the myth 120 robe makes the set not usable. Compared to something like the rattlebones' robe, a loss of 22 damage is a significant hit. I wouldn't even mind a small decrease in damage like 18-20, but I feel bad having this gear that I can't use due to that. And this is just from a myth's wizard review, I'm not sure about the other professor's equipment and how that stands up to other gear.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
King isle thinks there sloppy cards will make up for a nasty drop in stats. This is what made me quit in pirate101 with tower of Manchu. This problem is not only in the gear sets as you mentioned but it's in the new entire system. The idea of power pip conversion is completely useless and provides no help to player what so ever.

King isle just remove power pip conversion and go back to old system, we players will turn a blind eye and pretend it never happened.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Lukeskywalker1313 on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
King isle thinks there sloppy cards will make up for a nasty drop in stats. This is what made me quit in pirate101 with tower of Manchu. This problem is not only in the gear sets as you mentioned but it's in the new entire system. The idea of power pip conversion is completely useless and provides no help to player what so ever.

King isle just remove power pip conversion and go back to old system, we players will turn a blind eye and pretend it never happened.
Agree for my maxed life I do not even used the power pip conversion and my myth is too low to use it. Does anybody even you used?
Hopefully they just delete it since a lot of people do not use it

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
The hats and robes aren't comparable to Darkmoor but the boots are decent. Given that not everyone wants to farm for Darkmoor gear, maybe the professor's hoard pack can be an improvement to those people who haven't gotten Malistaire gear yet. Usually pack gear isn't ever comparable to the current top tier gear anyways because then people complain that the game has become pay to win.

Moira Stormheart

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You always need to mix and match gear. For my myth, I found the boots actually helpful, I was able to get back to 100% critical on my critical set at level 120, it had just the little bit more I needed.

The rest honestly I make mannequins and use them for decorations :) Occasionally I will find a useful Item on my mannequins when I am looking to get specific stats for one thing or another.