Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

AOE Sun Spell & laying Sun Spells.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
First I'll start with my idea for a AOE sun spell; a Enchant that makes a regular single hit spell, a AOE! There are many single hit spells which look, for all the world, like they could be AOE. Seraph, for example, looks like it could be a AOE. She raises her blade up and a beam of light bursts from the ground to smite her target. Well, why not make three more beams burst up to hit everybody?

Now, mind, I wouldn't want all spells to be able to become AOE. Some would need fairly big animation modifications that would take a lot of time and effort. So, I say, make some spells compatible and others not. This would solve the AOE problem some schools like life have. I also wouldn't just reserve it for attack spells either. Feint all anybody? I know we recently got a Feint all, but it's one single card on a piece of gear you have to farm packs for. And what about a Satyr All? Rebirth is good, but sometimes you just can't wait for 7 pips ad that 400 dmg blocking shield isn't always that useful.

Ok, onto the Layering idea. This didn't really seem like a problem to me until Monstrology. before, you just had to chose between Pierce/Accuracy and Damage. Now, however, if your doing Monstrology, you have to chose between Damage, Pierce/Accuracy, or the Anima Stealing Card. And if you threw in my AOE Sun Spell, that'd be four different things you'd have to choose between!

So I say, let us layer Sun Spells! But, of course, I wouldn't say let us layer all four on; no, that'd be too op. I say let us layer on two sun spells. That way we could still have Epic with the Anima Stealing Spell or the AOE spell OR have the Pierce/Accuracy with the attack boost. We'd still have to choose, but the choice wouldn't be as hard.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I like this idea but why not make it so only 4 pip spells and 6 pip spells can be AOE spells or people will get really OP. For example if a storm wizard used storm owl and this spell they would have an amazing AOE spell before they even get glowbug.

The idea about sharing enchant spells i completely agree with and would totally support being able to enchant with a monstrology spell and a sun spell enchant. Maybe to balance it out make it a passive abillity only gained at level 10 monstrology or something.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
RikkuTakanashi on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
First I'll start with my idea for a AOE sun spell; a Enchant that makes a regular single hit spell, a AOE! There are many single hit spells which look, for all the world, like they could be AOE. Seraph, for example, looks like it could be a AOE. She raises her blade up and a beam of light bursts from the ground to smite her target. Well, why not make three more beams burst up to hit everybody?

Now, mind, I wouldn't want all spells to be able to become AOE. Some would need fairly big animation modifications that would take a lot of time and effort. So, I say, make some spells compatible and others not. This would solve the AOE problem some schools like life have. I also wouldn't just reserve it for attack spells either. Feint all anybody? I know we recently got a Feint all, but it's one single card on a piece of gear you have to farm packs for. And what about a Satyr All? Rebirth is good, but sometimes you just can't wait for 7 pips ad that 400 dmg blocking shield isn't always that useful.

Ok, onto the Layering idea. This didn't really seem like a problem to me until Monstrology. before, you just had to chose between Pierce/Accuracy and Damage. Now, however, if your doing Monstrology, you have to chose between Damage, Pierce/Accuracy, or the Anima Stealing Card. And if you threw in my AOE Sun Spell, that'd be four different things you'd have to choose between!

So I say, let us layer Sun Spells! But, of course, I wouldn't say let us layer all four on; no, that'd be too op. I say let us layer on two sun spells. That way we could still have Epic with the Anima Stealing Spell or the AOE spell OR have the Pierce/Accuracy with the attack boost. We'd still have to choose, but the choice wouldn't be as hard.
I believe someone had the same idea as you!

Link: Stacking for High-Level Wizards

On your subject of aoe sun spells, love it!

It would be really neat to be able to change some spells to area of effect spells to further their usage. At high levels, lower level spells are almost never used unless a boss cheat requires you to. Perhaps you can only change rank 4 spells to aoes? They should also suffer some sort of decrease in damage when this happens as a seraph does do more than meteor strike, for example.

Nice pitch!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 86+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Azteca)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
I completely agree with you two on the thought that it should be only 4-6 pip spells that could use the AOE sun spell. I didn't think about the implications of a AOE FFA... And FFA would be one of those spells that looks like it could be a AOE. I mean, it does show five fliers...

But, why not make certain spells, that aren't AOE already, all the way from 1 pip to 6 pip AOEable? I still say certain because while I could see a Fire/Storm/Ice Elf being a good AOE, I have trouble seeing Vampire being a AOE. And I still have to take all the time and effort and strain on the sever adding all these revised spells into account. Even if they started working on my idea right this second, i'd image it'd be at least a year or two before it would come to fruition. And that's if they liked the idea.

As to someone already mentioning the idea of sun spell stacking, I'm not surprised. I'm sure many of us have wished for it and I typically only scroll back too for three pages of the dorms. ^^;