Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constant spamming of death shields by mobs!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizard, I'm a level 55 necromancer currently questing through Wintertusk.

It seems that as the levels rise, mobs have almost stopped shielding themselves from the opposite school (For example, storm mobs that usually spam myth shields but now they mostly don't), all mobs but life mobs!

This makes the game really difficult. It is impossible for me to defeat the water matons in Celectia and I had a real struggle with those wolves and boars from vestrilund!

Please Dworgyn, I suppose you know the struggles as a necromancer yourself!

(I hope this is the right place to put this subject in)

Jonathan DawnHunter

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Hello fellow wizard, I'm a level 55 necromancer currently questing through Wintertusk.

It seems that as the levels rise, mobs have almost stopped shielding themselves from the opposite school (For example, storm mobs that usually spam myth shields but now they mostly don't), all mobs but life mobs!

This makes the game really difficult. It is impossible for me to defeat the water matons in Celectia and I had a real struggle with those wolves and boars from vestrilund!

Please Dworgyn, I suppose you know the struggles as a necromancer yourself!

(I hope this is the right place to put this subject in)

Jonathan DawnHunter
Train and carry a few Strangle spells in your deck for those Life mobs who don't like necromancers.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
i feel your pain;

maybe pack some Poison for those mobs?

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Thank you for your advices but I was referring to the fact that ONLY life mobs cast shields against the opossite school and no other school and it's unfair! (reffering to higher level mobs)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You can actually buy Mass death prisMs now

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It's all part of the game. Carry pierce or shatter treasure cards, use infallible and piercing gear and jewels to hit through, or use damage over time spells like Poison, Bone Dragon, and Deer Knight.

KI never gives us challenges without also giving us the tools to overcome them. Finding creative ways to do that is more satisfying than having all the challenges removed, or complaining about them. Adjust your strategy as needed. You can do it!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
To get by those Death shields, you have to change your strategy. Death is more fortunate than Storm in that you have some options: a very helpful minion, off-school spells, or your DoT spells.

If you call up the minion with 2-3 pips, it will hit lots of Dark Sprites and Ghouls, which will take down the shields. Use a second school with your Feints and Curses to deal non-Death attacks. Or, just pack a special spell deck with mostly blades and Poison.

My Death just got through Celestia a few weeks ago. She has a special spell deck set up for Life mobs and it includes a couple of blades, mostly Poisons, and the Animate minion. It was basically: blade, poison; blade, poison; Death shield, Sacrifice; blade, poison; and so on ... until she killed them.

Alia Misthaven
Fallon Raven

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Ah well, when you get to Zafaria, however it is spelled, You will find celestial element enemies who often shield against three elements at once. So half the time elemental wizards are frustrated, and the other half spirit school wizards.

I was quite fond of casting death Minotaur whenever I had to fight shielded enemies because it hits twice. Had to rely on blades since multiple hits don't work with feint. The mutation master is somewhere in celestia and can give you the mutate spell, after that you just have to learn the myth spells up to Minotaur.
Though it can be difficult to use since you have to draw both the Minotaur spell and the mutate spell. Since mutate spells create temporary treasure cards you can't enhance them with gigantic or colossal... The only way to boost the damage is with blades. but the spell does absolutely get around a single death ward.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Zebulous Newt on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Ah well, when you get to Zafaria, however it is spelled, You will find celestial element enemies who often shield against three elements at once. So half the time elemental wizards are frustrated, and the other half spirit school wizards.

I was quite fond of casting death Minotaur whenever I had to fight shielded enemies because it hits twice. Had to rely on blades since multiple hits don't work with feint. The mutation master is somewhere in celestia and can give you the mutate spell, after that you just have to learn the myth spells up to Minotaur.
Though it can be difficult to use since you have to draw both the Minotaur spell and the mutate spell. Since mutate spells create temporary treasure cards you can't enhance them with gigantic or colossal... The only way to boost the damage is with blades. but the spell does absolutely get around a single death ward.
I use Death Minotaur too; but there is an easier way than you suggest;

train up to myth minotaur and you can buy the mutate tc from the Archivist in celestia.

I mutate a bunch with the tc on Unicorn Way, then keep in my side board for when needed so you don't have to rely on luck of the draw on main deck (Plus you don't waste train points on purchasing the mutate spell ).

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Strange i never found wintertusk death shielded that much my problem was ice spamming tower but as other comments have said use pierce/shatter tc's and or poison (you'll get Skeletal Dragon at 58) and other school wand hits (if you have them i always try to have a want that doesnt give me death wand hits where possible) to remove shields.