Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

highest level?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Well once you are like 5 levels above the creatures you do not get any XP, so I would think you can only get to like 21 or 22 currently (not sure what the highest level extractable enemy is)though the badges may go higher, there would be no way to get xp after that.

While we are on the subject, why exactly is monstrology xp limited by creature level whereas normal xp is not? I can still go fight stuff in WC and get xp no matter what level I am (as long as not maxed out of course).

I would like to see this changed, not really sure why it was set up this way in the first place. I do not want badge spots I can not possibly obtain in the current game just sitting there staring at me!!

Currently at level 14, so will just have to see how it all ends up!

Long story short, i don't think anyone knows yet, give them a few more days lol.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
from what I have gathered from test realm, I believe is 16 or 17?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Idony09 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
What is the highest level you can reach in Monstrology?
I'm at level 21, and no longer get exp

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
Some said they got to the early 20's before there was no more leveling.

really not thought out, if you are in the last world as a level 120/130 or so, you should be able to level your Monstrology up still. I hope they rethink some of the levels based on the worlds and monsters.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I do not see why they limit it based on level at all, normal xp does not work that way. Still miffed that there will be 5+ badges I have no way of getting :(

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
True, nothing else gives nothing in experience in the game. This is very different from the other mechanics demonistrated thru the gardening, grinding and quests.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
level 18 is gifted monstrologist and 19 is transcendant monstrologist.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
just got level 20 archmage monstrologist. will keep updating

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
The highest monstrology I have seen is several at 16. So it makes sense it would max out at 21 (at least for now). idk why it works this way either. Would be curious to know what they were thinking.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I have reached 21 and can't find foes to continue leveling up. Interested to know if anyone else has found them.
Thanks!
Marcus Ghostsong
Lvl 120 Myth
Lvl 21 Monstrologist

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
Well once you are like 5 levels above the creatures you do not get any XP, so I would think you can only get to like 21 or 22 currently (not sure what the highest level extractable enemy is)though the badges may go higher, there would be no way to get xp after that.

While we are on the subject, why exactly is monstrology xp limited by creature level whereas normal xp is not? I can still go fight stuff in WC and get xp no matter what level I am (as long as not maxed out of course).

I would like to see this changed, not really sure why it was set up this way in the first place. I do not want badge spots I can not possibly obtain in the current game just sitting there staring at me!!

Currently at level 14, so will just have to see how it all ends up!

Long story short, i don't think anyone knows yet, give them a few more days lol.
I totally agree about badges staring me in the face that I can't obtain! Glad to hear I'm not the only one having some angst about it!

Marcus Ghostsong
Lvl 120 Myth
Lvl 21 Monstrologist

Community Leader
Maximum reachable rank right now is 22 - Superior monstrologist. You'll need to fight rank 16 creatures to get it.
Those creatures include:
Achey, Chilly, Cough and Sneezy (highly recommend)
Neberyx
Shadowbones
Shadowwock
various other bosses in Mirage (e.g. Admiral Bontau)

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Why only undead creatures? Is Monstrology going to update so it can also be used on other types of monster enemies? Not just death or undead?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Daniandshali on May 2, 2017 wrote:
Why only undead creatures? Is Monstrology going to update so it can also be used on other types of monster enemies? Not just death or undead?
There are 4 creature and spell types currently:

undead
wyrms
parrots
polar bears

they will add more down the line I am sure, just hope they fix the lists they have currently first before it becomes more of a mess.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Jasmine3429 on May 5, 2017 wrote:
There are 4 creature and spell types currently:

undead
wyrms
parrots
polar bears

they will add more down the line I am sure, just hope they fix the lists they have currently first before it becomes more of a mess.
how do we get the other spell types?