Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 83 and wondering about higher levels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
I have gotten my Necromancer up to level 83, and I am wondering about continuing to level up. While I enjoy the story lines, combat just takes longer and longer, even with henchmen or friends, as the monsters and bosses get more and more hit points. It takes 9 pips to cast my best spell, Dr. Von's Monster, so that is 20+ rounds to kill a 3000 hit point monster (unless I get lucky and crit). Even the yellow monsters now have at least 3300 hit points each mow.

So where are the spells that do enough damage to finish these monsters in a more reasonable amount of time?

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
I have leveled my Necromancer up to 110, so I know most of the tricks that can be used with our school. But I don't it applies here. I see this more as a battle and possibly gear problem.

Assuming that the street mobs you are tasked to fight have around 3,500 health. And there are two per battle. What would best work for making these battles as short as possible is to use a Dark Pact, Deathblade, and if you have one, a damage aura, and a Scarecrow enchanted with the Colossal sun spell.

Along with gear damage boosts, which at the very least should be around the 40's. All that should be enough to clear out street mobs. So in total, it'll take you four rounds to take down these simple enemies.

If for whatever reason, your gear does not give you at the very least 40% damage boost to Death. Then I strongly recommend you go back, and either craft Wintertusk gear, or farm for Waterworks gear. Also, the Sky Iron Hasta would be ideal in giving you a spike in damage boost.

Bosses need a different set up. But i'm sure someone else can help you out with that.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I assume your in late avalon/azteca so you should have crow and colossal which does about 583 damage (dont quote me on that) and if you are in azteca at level 85 you can get sharpen and potent which will help a lot.

blade up use the spirit blade (from Krok) and your death blade then trap both the mobs and maybe use an aura then crow with enchant should kill.

As for bosses use this again then put feint on boss and blade yourself then von.

At 100 you get a magic spell called khrulhu which does 10 more damage then von and is attack all i can kill everyone with this, mobs bosses all of them.

Good Luck

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
20+ rounds to hit?

maybe change up your gear, work on making a good pet?
make use of your enchants to make your spells stronger; crafting gear and spells are worth the effort, too.

an enchanted deer knight would be good.

there are lots of ways you can get stronger in game, explore your options (tons of info on wiki).

fyi, my death char is favorite to play; you can become very strong; Believe in The Force

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Are you blade stacking? Are you using your feints? Do you own deer knight? What gear do you have?

need More info to help out.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Mobs should go down within 3 or 4 rounds solo. A colossal crow or deer with a couple blades will usually do it if your build is decent. I can't imagine what would take 20 rounds. Most boss fights are only 4 to 8.

By level 60 you should have at least 75% damage boost, sun damage enchants, and plenty of stacking buffs. In the 80s you can train sharp and potent which give you enough boosts to do a million damage solo. If you are lacking any of these tools (buffs, gear boost, enchantments) I'd make it a priority to get them. Battles will go a lot faster after that.

One more thing, if you have to pass more than occasionally, you likely have too many cards in your deck. For normal questing, you should have only basic buffs, attacks, and colossals. No shields, fancy manipulations or other clutter. For bosses, you might add one heal, reshuffle, and perhaps a debuff or school specific shield, but most of the time mobs are just blade-blade-hit, bosses are feint/trap, blades/aura, hit. Keep a prism, pierce, cleanse and emergency heal in your treasure board for backup.