Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Owl Pet starting stats

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The new Owl pet comes with stats partially filled in at baby. I assume this is a glitch? It's a serious problem for derby, as it gives these pets a large unfair advantage at teen and adult.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
The Bunny Mallow and the Egg Chick hybrid also start with stats.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
both my owls and bunnymellows have no starting stats. are yours hybrids or second gen? if they are first generation that would not fair for them to start with stats when the ones purchased do not.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
mittensk on Apr 17, 2017 wrote:
both my owls and bunnymellows have no starting stats. are yours hybrids or second gen? if they are first generation that would not fair for them to start with stats when the ones purchased do not.
First gen do for sure. I assume hatched do as well, as it seems to be tied to the type of pet.

Are you sure your attributes didn't come partly filled? If not, did you only get them in the past 24-48 hours?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Gemma Luna on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
The new Owl pet comes with stats partially filled in at baby. I assume this is a glitch? It's a serious problem for derby, as it gives these pets a large unfair advantage at teen and adult.
We'll be fixing this for all future Protégé owl, Bunny Mallow, and Egg Chick pets in an upcoming update. Please note, however, that we won't be able to retroactively update the existing pets that are out and already in the game.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Gemma Luna on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
First gen do for sure. I assume hatched do as well, as it seems to be tied to the type of pet.

Are you sure your attributes didn't come partly filled? If not, did you only get them in the past 24-48 hours?
all the stats are blank on mine so im sure they don't. i got the bunny mellow the day it first came out, and i got my owl pet the first day they released the new pack after fixing it.
that's odd that some do and some don't.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Dworgyn on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
We'll be fixing this for all future Protégé owl, Bunny Mallow, and Egg Chick pets in an upcoming update. Please note, however, that we won't be able to retroactively update the existing pets that are out and already in the game.
Well, that's depressing. /:

Is there any way those 3 pets can be banned from ranked derby entirely? A select few people who trained those pets within a certain timeframe will now have an ENORMOUS advantage in teen and adult level derby. The last thing I want is even more people leaving derby/refusing to start derby because of this fatal flaw.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Those species should probably just be excluded from ranked derby. I don't see a fair fix otherwise. That may be disappointing to players who have them now, but less painful to everyone in the long run.

I have teen bunny with mega hurry and cheer costs of 8/8/4/4 That would be respectable for an adult. It's quite OP at teen. Fun, but not healthy for the game.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Apparently the pets coming from the MMORPG promo still have the stat boost, even after the others were fixed.