Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon Magic!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009

So yah know how the Moon school is fun to use, but not always very useful? I had an idea.

What if at some point through our delving into shadow or whatever, Moon magic Spells become kinda an "All Pip" school?

What I mean is that is a Moon Spell costs 5 Pips I can use my power pips on it no matter what school I am. So if I have Moonbeam Attack Rank 5 and I had 3 power pips, I can use it as a ,, whatever and it uses my power pips. Effectively creating a "general" school. (It doesn't have to be moon might better fit Lore Wise, but I just thought it would fit with the shift spells). That way Moon gets a buff in usefulness and so do the shift spells.

OM Goodness could you imagine a Spell that transmutes the spell to . Too OP, but that would be fun!

What do you guys think about a "All Pip" Moon School?

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I think this might create some issues when the concept of "off school" spells not being able to use your power pips. Perhaps they could buff up the moon spells or decrease their pip cost. Neat idea though

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 76 PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I understand why that might cause some confusion. However if there was a quest where we all learned "Moon Mastery" then for some spells that would be useful by multiple schools (The Shift Spells for Example) everyone could use their power pips. Also it doesn't have to be moon. I was just thinking that because it already exists. I suppose in some ways this idea is already shared by the school. Though it deals only in Shadow pips and doesn't really take powerpips into consideration that much.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
At the very least there should be a moon mastery amulet.