Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Combining Spells

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So what do you think about a magical new enchantment that allows you to combine to spells together.

So say i use this on a blade and a shield when i cast this spell it would blade me and shield me. Now blades and shields are both 0 pips so when combined this would cost 2 pips to make it balanced.

Say i used vampire (4 pips) and a feint (1 pip) it would cost 6 pips and put the feint on the enemy and then attack usign the feint. It would have to be changed for certain spells like if i used feint and scarecrow (1 and 7 pips) it would be 11 pips and put feint on all enemies then attack using the feints.

This would be no PVP cause it would be too OP and people would complain.

So just to clarify the pip cost:
0+0=2
1+0=2
1+1=3
2+1=3
2+2=5
3+2=5
I think you get it now

The max will be 14 as you cant get more pips than that

Leave you opinions below and suggest changes that would be needed for certain spells and any conflicts this would cause.

Ryan Windhunter lvl 95
Ryan IceBlade lvl 51

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
So what do you think about a magical new enchantment that allows you to combine to spells together.

So say i use this on a blade and a shield when i cast this spell it would blade me and shield me. Now blades and shields are both 0 pips so when combined this would cost 2 pips to make it balanced.

Say i used vampire (4 pips) and a feint (1 pip) it would cost 6 pips and put the feint on the enemy and then attack usign the feint. It would have to be changed for certain spells like if i used feint and scarecrow (1 and 7 pips) it would be 11 pips and put feint on all enemies then attack using the feints.

0+0=2
1+0=2
1+1=3
2+1=3
2+2=5
3+2=5
I think you get it now

Leave you opinions below and suggest changes that would be needed for certain spells and any conflicts this would cause.

Ryan Windhunter lvl 95
Ryan IceBlade lvl 51
This doesn't seem like a bad idea, but how it would work against like some boss cheats. Ki would then have to update the game to keep the game follow up with he combined spell. Also they would have to decide which spell will have to go first to every spell like either attack or blade etc.

Alejandro

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015

0+0=2
1+0=2
1+1=3
2+1=3
2+2=5
3+2=5
I think you get it now

Ryan Windhunter lvl 95
Ryan IceBlade lvl 51
while the pip cost is to high,they need to be just the costs of the to spells combined, examples include

Doom+sun serpent=12 pips

ice bird+iceblade=2 pips

but other then that, perfect idea!

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
kingme655 on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
while the pip cost is to high,they need to be just the costs of the to spells combined, examples include

Doom+sun serpent=12 pips

ice bird+iceblade=2 pips

but other then that, perfect idea!
I only made them high so people didnt complain about them being too OP but if you think it wont be then im fine with just the two added together

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
What about using shadow pips? Are you allowed to combine shadow pip spells?

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Alex Firepyre on Apr 10, 2017 wrote:
What about using shadow pips? Are you allowed to combine shadow pip spells?
Yeah didnt talk about them as im not at shadow lvl yet :(

Not far of though (im in tyrian gorge Khrysalis)

Defender
May 23, 2009
Great idea, but why not get your wizard involved instead of just spells? I'd love to see my wizard attacking an enemy together with medusa. Or riding a basilisk as it attacks with a powerful reptile breath and the wizard with a wand. Would take alot to program though.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016

0+0=2
1+0=2
1+1=3
2+1=3
2+2=5
3+2=5
I think you get it now

Ryan Windhunter lvl 95
Ryan IceBlade lvl 51
There Technically ARE Spells Mixed together as the Time I'm Typing this but there are only for 3 Schools.

Catch of the Day (Kraken and Storm Shark, Rare Spell Drop from Takanobu the Masterless In Mooshu, Cave of Solitude Wooden Key Room)
Burning Rampage (Firezilla and Sunbird, Rare Spell Drop from Lambent Fire in Avalon, Crystal Caves Stone Key Room)
Sacred Charge (Seraph and Unicorn, Rare Spell Drop from Aphrodite II In Wizard City, Darkmoor Graveyard Golden Key Room)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
There Technically ARE Spells Mixed together as the Time I'm Typing this but there are only for 3 Schools.

Catch of the Day (Kraken and Storm Shark, Rare Spell Drop from Takanobu the Masterless In Mooshu, Cave of Solitude Wooden Key Room)
Burning Rampage (Firezilla and Sunbird, Rare Spell Drop from Lambent Fire in Avalon, Crystal Caves Stone Key Room)
Sacred Charge (Seraph and Unicorn, Rare Spell Drop from Aphrodite II In Wizard City, Darkmoor Graveyard Golden Key Room)

What i meant was combining spells like you would enchant a spell, clicking and dragging it onto the other spell, then having it do the effect of both spells rather than having prebuilt combined spells that just look cool.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
idea is great, but the pip cost list is unfair in certain areas.