Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Confusion

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So i got Hades gear and have 360 critical rating and i hovered over it and it said i had 48%. i thought great thats pretty much 50%

A week later ish i looked again withe exactly the same gear and it said 360 rating 42%. I thought thats strange

Now a few weeks later its now 360 rating with 41%. I am really confused and want to know if its a visual bug or if my critical is actually going down?

Please let me know

Ryan Windhunter lv 95
Ryan Iceblade lvl 51

Survivor
Jul 25, 2014
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
So i got Hades gear and have 360 critical rating and i hovered over it and it said i had 48%. i thought great thats pretty much 50%

A week later ish i looked again withe exactly the same gear and it said 360 rating 42%. I thought thats strange

Now a few weeks later its now 360 rating with 41%. I am really confused and want to know if its a visual bug or if my critical is actually going down?

Please let me know

Ryan Windhunter lv 95
Ryan Iceblade lvl 51
Critical goes down when you level up

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
It's critical decay, happens when you level up. It's around 1% a level so it isn't much at first. Overtime however, it becomes a problem. You should be getting the Darkmoor gear soon, so you should be fine till then.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009

Please let me know

Ryan Windhunter lv 95
Ryan Iceblade lvl 51
Critical percent will degrade as you level up, so you will need great amounts of critical to maintain the same percent. It has been this way for a long time now, but is more noticeable at higher levels.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Please let me know

Ryan Windhunter lv 95
Ryan Iceblade lvl 51
Your Critical is actually going down. The Higher your level, the less Crit you will have. This is do to the change that was made a while back. You are not the only one that has this same problem.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Thats kinda strange anyone tell me why KI did this?

And also if i remove my gear and then lvl up will it still lower my critical?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:

They didn't really plan out character progression past level 100, so they made us super strong when we got to that level. However, when they realized we will have to get stronger SOMEHOW past level 100, they took away the stats we already had in an attempt to make us want to get them back as we level up again.

Survivor
May 01, 2010

They made critical too powerful and had to change something fast, so that's what KI came up with. Nobody that I know of likes the changes.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011

Decay has always been part of the critical formula. It isn't affected by what gear is equipped or not. It applies to everything and everyone, based on rating and level.