Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm removing blades

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Im soo done with these storm minions removing all of my blades after every turn i cant do anything! The first people in Khrysalis just spam these spells. i dont know about anyone else but my deck isnt full of spare blades i can just replace these with. I mean come on!

I cast a few blades then they get removed i have no choice but to flee or reshuffle as theres no way i can kill without them. Im just soo done with this game. I was really looking forward to Khrysalis and finally getting shadow spells but now i cant even get past the first boss fights.

Can KI please stop storm minions using these spells or at least remove the abillity as its useless outside of PVP. And i know PVP people will have a go at me for asking this but come on what else am i meant to do ive died 20 times to these people now and its because of this and the fact they spam high damaging attacks.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 5, 2017 wrote:
Im soo done with these storm minions removing all of my blades after every turn i cant do anything! The first people in Khrysalis just spam these spells. i dont know about anyone else but my deck isnt full of spare blades i can just replace these with. I mean come on!

I cast a few blades then they get removed i have no choice but to flee or reshuffle as theres no way i can kill without them. Im just soo done with this game. I was really looking forward to Khrysalis and finally getting shadow spells but now i cant even get past the first boss fights.

Can KI please stop storm minions using these spells or at least remove the abillity as its useless outside of PVP. And i know PVP people will have a go at me for asking this but come on what else am i meant to do ive died 20 times to these people now and its because of this and the fact they spam high damaging attacks.
Have you ever considered using feints/traps instead? Khyrsalis was nerfed a few times already, perhaps it is time for a new strategy.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Khrysalis is where battles turn ugly. You're going to be facing efreets, sirens and earthquakes; the bosses will critical you but block every critical you manage to make. The battles are long and occasionally four against one. Welcome to Khrysalis!

Now you know that you can't depend on blades, so it's time to change your strategy. Set up a Storm deck and stack it with prisms, and traps and feints instead of blades. Basically, approach them like they're Myth instead of Storm, and resign yourself to not having blades available. Use your damage bubble that you got in Azteca to boost your damage; use potent trap along with your regular traps. See if you can get your hands on some Curse and Hex treasure cards. And last but not least, pack some storm shields and healing spells.

You can get through it as long as you're willing to adapt. Also it might help you to know that help is on the way. After a few battles in Bastion, a valiant mouse will join you for many fights and things will go a lot easier when he's at your side. It's just the beginning that's rough.

Hang in there!

Alia Misthaven

Hero
May 02, 2009
While it can be annoying to have your blades removed, most storm enemies in PvE can't do that until they get to use SIrens or Leviathan, which are 9 and 8 pips respectively. Sometimes it's better to just attack while you still can then it is to wait to blade up fully to avoid losing all of your blades. If blades still aren't working then try switching to traps instead, or at the very least pack spare blades in your deck for situations where you get sirensed or leviathaned.

P.S. Shields are also a thing, so if you're so worried about them doing high damage to you then just pack storm shields in your deck to help negate some of the damage that they do to you.