Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet training

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
The pet pavilion is in a bad need for an upgrade, there are so many pet training games with different levels of difficulty and time consumption but they all give for experience. That's very annoying and may be very discouraging for the people who play "the way of the ninja" pet game. I get making some games give more XP than the rest may not be a great idea but at least increase the amount of XP a pet gets as it rises through the ranks. It only makes sense the higher level pets require more energy so at least give them more than 4 XP per game.

I feel as though pets have been sorely neglected when they are such a big part of the game.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Yen Sid on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
The pet pavilion is in a bad need for an upgrade, there are so many pet training games with different levels of difficulty and time consumption but they all give for experience. That's very annoying and may be very discouraging for the people who play "the way of the ninja" pet game. I get making some games give more XP than the rest may not be a great idea but at least increase the amount of XP a pet gets as it rises through the ranks. It only makes sense the higher level pets require more energy so at least give them more than 4 XP per game.

I feel as though pets have been sorely neglected when they are such a big part of the game.
An upgrade would be nice. I would suggest doubling it to 8XP for casual days and 16XP as per the usual double experience events to bring more players to actually PLAY the games instead going for a fail n' feed method that we're so accustomed to.

Now that we have pet ranks like Ultra as well as jewel sockets, many people are looking to up their wizard's statistics in the pet department.

It's a shame that snacks are so heavily focused on when pet training and the hoards tend to only come during double pet training.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 115+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
I agree that pets have been neglected and have not been given the proper treatment they should be given. However, I think that perhaps this is the way Kingsisle wants pet training to remain, and if that's how Kingsisle wants pet training to be, I stand by that choice, as I believe that the work of training a pet should still always stand. As to changing certain things about pets, I would save that for the future if any changes were to be made, as I trust Kingsisle will, as always, be working on updates that will continue to improve the game and perhaps fix some issues like this people have with certain aspects of the game, though I appreciate that Kingsisle makes this game as challenging as it is.

Don't take this post to seriously, as It's just my thoughts and opinions on the topic of improving certain pet mechanics. I have faith that the recently revealed news about the Monstrologist update will be another great addition to the game we so love and adore.