Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interactive spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Spells that when casted give the user a chance to use the mouse or keyboard to hit a random 3 keys or swipes to obtain up to a 3x damage multiplier on the spell.
For example,
Lets say one of the spells is fireball. (Name of spell and damage used for example, not exact stats of actual spell.)
Lets say Fireball does 400 base damage +/- 3x multiplier.
This means Fire ball can do as little as 400 damage or as much as 1200 damage depending on how you perform
on the surprise keys.
So lets say the spell is keyboard based.
You cast the spell base with no multipliers (Blades, Traps, etc...)
When it comes around to your turn and your wizard begins to cast the spell, you have to pay attention,
During the spell animation 3 letters will flash on the screen, you have a couple of seconds to type as many of them as you can to get up to the 3x multiplier.
So lets say the letters are (XHJ) they flash on the screen...
1 - You only hit X in time your spell will do normal damage - 400.
2 - You hit X and H but miss J, your spell will do 800 Damage.
3 - You hit all 3 letters? Congrats you deal max damage at 1200.

This would require you to have to pay attention to deal max damage with that spell and I think would add a little more excitement to battles too.
It would also allow spells to have the potential to do a large amount of damage if you a vigilant and not so much if you aren't. haha

So tell me what you think?

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
This could work but knowing that wizard101 uses extremely old soft ware that's older then Dirt I don't think that they can easily implement it. Wizard101 attempted to add new features with mirage however you can see that attempt not been successful (in my opinion). The game does not have options for mini games which a update like this requires.

Take note such mini games happen mostly with game stations because of their configuration allow this features which wizard101 or pc games normally do not contain.

Plus such spells would require a block system of some sort over all I like this idea

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Jeremy Thundercast... on Mar 9, 2017 wrote:
Spells that when casted give the user a chance to use the mouse or keyboard to hit a random 3 keys or swipes to obtain up to a 3x damage multiplier on the spell.
For example,
Lets say one of the spells is fireball. (Name of spell and damage used for example, not exact stats of actual spell.)
Lets say Fireball does 400 base damage +/- 3x multiplier.
This means Fire ball can do as little as 400 damage or as much as 1200 damage depending on how you perform
on the surprise keys.
So lets say the spell is keyboard based.
You cast the spell base with no multipliers (Blades, Traps, etc...)
When it comes around to your turn and your wizard begins to cast the spell, you have to pay attention,
During the spell animation 3 letters will flash on the screen, you have a couple of seconds to type as many of them as you can to get up to the 3x multiplier.
So lets say the letters are (XHJ) they flash on the screen...
1 - You only hit X in time your spell will do normal damage - 400.
2 - You hit X and H but miss J, your spell will do 800 Damage.
3 - You hit all 3 letters? Congrats you deal max damage at 1200.

This would require you to have to pay attention to deal max damage with that spell and I think would add a little more excitement to battles too.
It would also allow spells to have the potential to do a large amount of damage if you a vigilant and not so much if you aren't. haha

So tell me what you think?
Yikes!

Those damage ranges are WAY too large! With gear damage, spells would become way overpowered! The max level meta is much different, so having this concept would definitely break the game.

We also have to think about the younger players who may not be as "vigilant" as some others and who could get really upset if they keep missing the letters.

And I'm not too inclined on playing what you could possibly call "the pet dance game on hardcore" when I'm questing.

Just my opinion.
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan GreenEyes 104+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
thelastdiviner on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
Yikes!

Those damage ranges are WAY too large! With gear damage, spells would become way overpowered! The max level meta is much different, so having this concept would definitely break the game.

We also have to think about the younger players who may not be as "vigilant" as some others and who could get really upset if they keep missing the letters.

And I'm not too inclined on playing what you could possibly call "the pet dance game on hardcore" when I'm questing.

Just my opinion.
Nathan GreenEyes 104+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)
I don't see how this would "Break the game." There are spells much stronger than the example I used, which is just that, an example.
The numbers I leave to Kingsisle to decide.
Also I am talking about spells that if they decide to make them wouldn't be used till at least level 160 or so.

And if you don't like the spell or are not good with it, you can just like any other spell, opt not to use it.

Also I am not saying change all the old spells if that's what you were thinking, I just mean one new spell per school.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Jeremy Thundercast... on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
I don't see how this would "Break the game." There are spells much stronger than the example I used, which is just that, an example.
The numbers I leave to Kingsisle to decide.
Also I am talking about spells that if they decide to make them wouldn't be used till at least level 160 or so.

And if you don't like the spell or are not good with it, you can just like any other spell, opt not to use it.

Also I am not saying change all the old spells if that's what you were thinking, I just mean one new spell per school.
Ah I see now. Sorry, totally got carried away there, although I still would like to re-highlight a point I mentioned:

~ We also have to think about the younger players who may not be as "vigilant" as some others and who could get really upset if they keep missing the letters.

I would definitely be interesting in more interactive spells and this concept sounds pretty cool. I would be interested if you could provide an input on what the pip cost for such spells would be?

Nathan GreenEyes 106+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
thelastdiviner on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
Ah I see now. Sorry, totally got carried away there, although I still would like to re-highlight a point I mentioned:

~ We also have to think about the younger players who may not be as "vigilant" as some others and who could get really upset if they keep missing the letters.

I would definitely be interesting in more interactive spells and this concept sounds pretty cool. I would be interested if you could provide an input on what the pip cost for such spells would be?

Nathan GreenEyes 106+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Pip would also have to be decided by kingsisle too, because it would depend on how strong they make the spell and what game mechanics would have changed or been added by the time they are ready to release the spells.
By the time they have the spells ready they may have introduced additional shadow pip or something like that.
I would say for a spell like this something like 6 or 7 regular pips and 1 or 2 shadow.