Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Star Spells Question

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Im currently a level 86 Necromancer going through Azteca and have virulence, vengence, and amplify. Now i was wondering which one would be best to use for different fights.

A) Boss Battles, one crow then a von to boss.
B) Minion battles, one crow.

Please tell me what one i should use and where thank you.

Ryan WindHunter lvl 86
Ryan IceBlade lvl 52

Survivor
Jul 10, 2015
It depends on how high your critical and damage are, if you have low critical its better to stick with virulence because vengeance might just be a waste of time. If you have decent or good critical (40% or higher ) vengeance can pop that up into a favorable chance

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Definitely use Virulence, It's your best end-game bubble. But if you plan on doing pvp, I'd invest some points in Infallible and Fortify.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I generally only use virulence and later when you get to it, I also use brace depending on the fight. No point to amplify when you can use virulence. Unless you have a master amulet for another school your damage is going to be death, so you're sacrificing outgoing damage to eliminate that incoming life damage. Not worth it. I'm sure some people like to use vengeance to boost their critical to speed up a fight, but I find it more effective to boost my initial damage.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
Im currently a level 86 Necromancer going through Azteca and have virulence, vengence, and amplify. Now i was wondering which one would be best to use for different fights.

Ryan WindHunter lvl 86
Ryan IceBlade lvl 52
I just use Virulence everywhere.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:

Ryan WindHunter lvl 86
Ryan IceBlade lvl 52
For your strategy, I would suggest using vengence for the minion battles and virulence for the boss battles.

Vengence has a great capability to end the minions quickly without costing you more rounds through blading due to an increase in your critical chance.

Virulence works really well in boss battles as bosses tend to have a higher chance to block criticals, but a nice boost in damage overtime will allow your subsequent hits after a crow to deal more damage without worrying that you may not pull another blade before you'd like to deal damage.

It's really up to you.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 94+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)