Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting socket wrenches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
Is there a way to buy socket wrenches in the crown shop? I want to gift a friend an artisan wrench since he needs one but I don't know how or are you not able to do that

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Chillicino. on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
Is there a way to buy socket wrenches in the crown shop? I want to gift a friend an artisan wrench since he needs one but I don't know how or are you not able to do that
I believe the Jewel Pack has them and ( I'm not sure ) but a few other packs as well.
I hope someone with more information can help you.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi,
You can only gift things that can be purchased directly from the crowns shop, but wrenches can't be purchased. The wrenches aren't good for anything other than a 'free' way to unlock sockets on one piece of jewelry or spell deck - otherwise we have to pay a few crowns to unlock them. Since you're already willing to gift your friend a wrench from the Crown shop to help them socket a jewel, why not just gift him or her the 150 Crowns needed?

Or, let your friend know that the Daily Assignments offer Crowns in small batches, roughly 45 Crowns every two weeks. Within a month or two they may be able to earn enough just by logging in every day and doing the daily assignments. One Artisan Wrench is worth 150 Crowns.

High level items (above level 85), require 150 Crowns to unlock all sockets.
Mid level items (from 55-85), require 75 Crowns to unlock all sockets.
Low level items (below 55), require 45 Crowns to unlock all sockets.

It's kind of you to help your friend.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I don't think so that you can buy some from the crown shop, correct if I am wrong, and the ways to get one is from certain bosses or regular mobs.

Alejandro