Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new worlds

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I know Mooshu is Asian inspired, but can we have another Asian inspired world? Maybe a little more Korean? They have such beautiful hanboks... even if not a world, but a special Mooshu pack with some new hanbok inspired outfits. Plus the Asian style dragon pets would be really cool to have on here.
Also, we need a Old West style like Cool Ranch.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2013
I love your idea of a ranch inspired theme! Keep your hopes up it might happen, but they probably aren't going to do a Korean inspired world, because they want to make the worlds as different as possible and it's already been done, but keep coming up with those ideas and letting the forum know! Who knows maybe it'll happen!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Elise Icy Heart on Feb 25, 2017 wrote:
I love your idea of a ranch inspired theme! Keep your hopes up it might happen, but they probably aren't going to do a Korean inspired world, because they want to make the worlds as different as possible and it's already been done, but keep coming up with those ideas and letting the forum know! Who knows maybe it'll happen!
mirage, kroktopia... nuff said even though one's Arab, the other is Egyptian.... still... one's Chinese, other is Korean

Survivor
Oct 08, 2013
What if they had a world where the theme was like Paris and the animals were all Fancy looking cats

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
camahawk on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
mirage, kroktopia... nuff said even though one's Arab, the other is Egyptian.... still... one's Chinese, other is Korean
Mooshu actually has heavy influence from Japan. The Samoorai and the Ninja Pigs are specifically Japanese based. Mooshu so far seems to be a amalgamation of most of Asia.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
Elise Icy Heart on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
What if they had a world where the theme was like Paris and the animals were all Fancy looking cats
I think we've seen enough cats. There's cats in marleybone, Mirage and all over Pirate101. I'd like more unique species. I would like to see a renaissance era french world like during the reign of Louie the fourteenth, the sun king. Around the time of the three musketeers. Maybe there could be rabbits or birds like peacocks.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
juwanaman9 on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
I think we've seen enough cats. There's cats in marleybone, Mirage and all over Pirate101. I'd like more unique species. I would like to see a renaissance era french world like during the reign of Louie the fourteenth, the sun king. Around the time of the three musketeers. Maybe there could be rabbits or birds like peacocks.
Lol, the reason there are so many cats is because of their usefulness. It makes perfect sense to find them in Mirage as the house cat as we know it was originally a desert cat. (I don't know why there aren't cat's in krok, though.) Cats are perfect mousers which eat food and destroy other goods. But that's not the only reason they were domesticated; cats are expert snake and scorpion killers too. A handy trait in a desert location. Their usefulness spread them all over the world, not only as hunters and pest control, but as pets as well. And seeing as how the popularity of cats now outnumbers that of dogs, yeah.

A French world would, unfortunately, likely be full of dogs; likely poodles most predominately. Pigeons and cats too would be a likely thing. I could see rabbits but I'm hard pressed to see Peacocks. They would be more of a Kurgas thing as peacocks tend to be more associated with India. (That said, the Peacock in Cool Ranch was a bit out of left field, save for the word play on the name.)

I'm also not sure they'd do a French world as Polaris seems like a slight amalgamation of Russia and France; what with Nepoleguin, a french general, leading the Polarian army in a spiral wide conquest. A rather ironic mix considering Napoleon's conquest ended in Russia because his troops weren't prepared for the Russian winters. But who knows; we have a Victorian England world and a Medieval based world which has Medieval English, Scottish, Irish, and Celtic influence overall. So if England can have two different incarnates, why not France?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
oh lord not France, i can just imagine a quest dialog chat

*go talk to Franciso Peir*

" _______________."
" _________________?" " _________."
" ______!!" " ____?" " ________________."

if you havent realized, you're getting a (main story) quest from a mime!

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
RikkuTakanashi on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
Lol, the reason there are so many cats is because of their usefulness. It makes perfect sense to find them in Mirage as the house cat as we know it was originally a desert cat. (I don't know why there aren't cat's in krok, though.) Cats are perfect mousers which eat food and destroy other goods. But that's not the only reason they were domesticated; cats are expert snake and scorpion killers too. A handy trait in a desert location. Their usefulness spread them all over the world, not only as hunters and pest control, but as pets as well. And seeing as how the popularity of cats now outnumbers that of dogs, yeah.

A French world would, unfortunately, likely be full of dogs; likely poodles most predominately. Pigeons and cats too would be a likely thing. I could see rabbits but I'm hard pressed to see Peacocks. They would be more of a Kurgas thing as peacocks tend to be more associated with India. (That said, the Peacock in Cool Ranch was a bit out of left field, save for the word play on the name.)

I'm also not sure they'd do a French world as Polaris seems like a slight amalgamation of Russia and France; what with Nepoleguin, a french general, leading the Polarian army in a spiral wide conquest. A rather ironic mix considering Napoleon's conquest ended in Russia because his troops weren't prepared for the Russian winters. But who knows; we have a Victorian England world and a Medieval based world which has Medieval English, Scottish, Irish, and Celtic influence overall. So if England can have two different incarnates, why not France?
Polaris does have french influence with the penguins having french accents and Napoleguin but Polaris as a world seemed much more like Russia with all the snow and even the style of the buildings. So a world based off France wouldn't really be a copy except for accents. It was an interesting spin on history to have the Walrus and polar bear Russians to have control over the french penguins.

I know peacocks are not native to France but I think they could work because they are seen as lavish and extravagant and they're not shy about it. Which is why I think they would represent and parody the french nobility of France's classical stage.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
How about fancy songbirds in a world, even one like the French world described above? They were very in as pets among old world aristocracy.
Of course these would be human sized and on two legs.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
I think Marlybone is supposed to be light Steampunk. I would not mind a more heavily steam punky world, though. But, if they were going to do something more steampunky, they'd likely do it as another skyway in Marlybone. It already has the Victorian influence and the steampunk influence; what with the robots and flying air ships, lol.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
RikkuTakanashi on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
I think Marlybone is supposed to be light Steampunk. I would not mind a more heavily steam punky world, though. But, if they were going to do something more steampunky, they'd likely do it as another skyway in Marlybone. It already has the Victorian influence and the steampunk influence; what with the robots and flying air ships, lol.
my first impression of steampunk was Celestia, with that fish in the robotic body with that giant hammer, or all the butler looking robots

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
camahawk on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
my first impression of steampunk was Celestia, with that fish in the robotic body with that giant hammer, or all the butler looking robots
Well, I have to admit, Marlybone would be considered 'light' steampunk. Though, if you see Pirate's version of Marlybone it seems more steampunkish there. But the fact is, Marlybone does have steampunk influence. The Victorian era certainly didn't have robots and I don't think the dirigible was that advanced in that day.

Celestia is a curious world to be sure. It's got Marlybone steampunk influence with the explorers, Atlantis themes with all the underwater and crabs, space themes with astral magic and the celestians, and tropical islander themes with the floating lands and water moles. I guess it's like the Disney Movie Journey to Atlantis? I've only seen bits of that movie, but the themes seem pretty close together.