Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~ Pink Dye for Boys ~

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 25, 2011
It's time.

Girls get pink, while boys get dark orange. It's been that way since the start. I don't know if KI was thinking that pink was not a "masculine" enough colour for boys, but come on.

It's 2017. Times have changed.

Why not give it as an additional new colour so that we can keep Dark Orange and also give Dark Orange as an option for girl wizards.

Please consider this KI.

I'm not even going to deck all my wizards outfits out in all pink gear-

well maybe to celebrate the day that it happens -

but just to know that we HAVE that option available to us. It's things like these that go deeper into what wizards like us might think of the values and morals of our game masters. So we no longer have to wonder-

why?

Does KI think that pink is not a "boy's colour"? Is dark orange not a "girl's colour?"

Was this all just a silly misunderstanding and KI only meant for a certain number of colour options? If so, then that brings us back to the question of why boys got dark orange and girls got pink. Why not just the same?

I'm asking this on behalf of all male wizards, all male players, all male people that feel restricted to express themselves in a game meant for EVERYONE no matter what age or anything at all.

I'm asking this for our wizard community. I'm asking this for my friends. I'm asking this for myself.

I KNOW it might take some time to add the option for EVERY SINGLE type of hat, robe and boot, but it would be so nice to have it there. What an accomplishment! It means more than you might think.

Help end bullying. Help end these unanswered questions. Make a difference with a single colour.

Help us boys celebrate with girls for this year's Pink Shirt Day and forward!

Pink Shirt Day is on the 22nd of February, but it's never too late Love your passion Kingsisle

Signing off,

Nathan GreenEyes

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
thelastdiviner on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
It's time.

Girls get pink, while boys get dark orange. It's been that way since the start. I don't know if KI was thinking that pink was not a "masculine" enough colour for boys, but come on.

It's 2017. Times have changed.

Why not give it as an additional new colour so that we can keep Dark Orange and also give Dark Orange as an option for girl wizards.

Please consider this KI.

I'm not even going to deck all my wizards outfits out in all pink gear-

well maybe to celebrate the day that it happens -

but just to know that we HAVE that option available to us. It's things like these that go deeper into what wizards like us might think of the values and morals of our game masters. So we no longer have to wonder-

why?

Does KI think that pink is not a "boy's colour"? Is dark orange not a "girl's colour?"

Was this all just a silly misunderstanding and KI only meant for a certain number of colour options? If so, then that brings us back to the question of why boys got dark orange and girls got pink. Why not just the same?

I'm asking this on behalf of all male wizards, all male players, all male people that feel restricted to express themselves in a game meant for EVERYONE no matter what age or anything at all.

I'm asking this for our wizard community. I'm asking this for my friends. I'm asking this for myself.

I KNOW it might take some time to add the option for EVERY SINGLE type of hat, robe and boot, but it would be so nice to have it there. What an accomplishment! It means more than you might think.

Help end bullying. Help end these unanswered questions. Make a difference with a single colour.

Help us boys celebrate with girls for this year's Pink Shirt Day and forward!

Pink Shirt Day is on the 22nd of February, but it's never too late Love your passion Kingsisle

Signing off,

Nathan GreenEyes

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
Boys can wear pink.
Girls can wear dark orange.
Please expand the color list and make it the same for both genders.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
KI a the start had a giant pol on what colors is most popular between genders.... dark orange, brown.... pink gold.....there's your answer.. the people chose those colors, not them

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
nice post, agree with your stance.

my stance is much simpler; we are BORED with the current limited choices of color.

maybe adding some additional hues are in order as well as crossover colors for both men and women?

current color palette choices seem a little 1950's to me......

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Mirajane7887 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
I agree all the way with you!
Thanks for the support!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
Boys can wear pink.
Girls can wear dark orange.
Please expand the color list and make it the same for both genders.
Yeah!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
camahawk on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
KI a the start had a giant pol on what colors is most popular between genders.... dark orange, brown.... pink gold.....there's your answer.. the people chose those colors, not them
Oh! I didn't know that

Then this is a suggestion for KI to make some add-ons that would really benefit their gaming community. They should be supporting more gender-equality, not forcing it, but making it an option.

Pink may not be a popular colour for boys in that sense, but that poll also doesn't represent all players.

I'm just looking for a minor tweak here that could make a real difference for many people out there possibly struggling with self-identity and the need to fit in or dress a certain way. It may just be a game, but your character is also a representation of who you are, or who you might wish to be in a fantasy world.

Thanks for clearing that up though!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
SilverbackMonkey on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
nice post, agree with your stance.

my stance is much simpler; we are BORED with the current limited choices of color.

maybe adding some additional hues are in order as well as crossover colors for both men and women?

current color palette choices seem a little 1950's to me......
Agreed!

A whole new line of colours might be a little work, but it would be SO worth it!

This gender-equality in game goes deeper than we might think.

Thanks for the support!

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I definitely Agree to all of this! Maybe we can have different shades of multiple colors like Pirate101 did?
Kingsisle, Make this happen, please!!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I wholeheartedly agree! Everyone should be able to wear any color.

I also think that gear styles and hair styles should be available to both characters as well (ie. the Guardian Attire style variations).

CH

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Completely agree! Color options should be the same for both girl and boy wizards. Gotta kick those gender stereotypes to the curb. ;)

~Vanessa Mythdust

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Leicrex on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
I definitely Agree to all of this! Maybe we can have different shades of multiple colors like Pirate101 did?
Kingsisle, Make this happen, please!!
Yeah!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
The Firehawk on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree! Everyone should be able to wear any color.

I also think that gear styles and hair styles should be available to both characters as well (ie. the Guardian Attire style variations).

CH
Absolutely! A friend and I were talking the other day about girls having the option to wear pants or the long cape with the male version of the commander robe! That would be a great next step! Thanks for the support!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Vanessa Mythdust on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
Completely agree! Color options should be the same for both girl and boy wizards. Gotta kick those gender stereotypes to the curb. ;)

~Vanessa Mythdust
You know it! Thanks for the support! From everyone as well! I really appreciate it, and I know many other wizards out there do too!