Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Asking for help annoying?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I ask for help only when I think I need it. I always say please and thank you to the people who help. Is it rude or annoying to do this?

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
*sigh* I'm a Myth wizard in Azteca, and Myth can be horrible to solo, so I ask for help a LOT. It isn't annoying if you ask a few times, but once you start asking a ton of times for help from people, it gets a bit annoying.

-Kane TitanBreaker, Level 84 Myth

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
No it isn't.
There's a lot of high level players that like helping out low levels.
Personally, the thing that really annoys me is when we get into a dungeon and say "Hi Folks" and we may as well be talking to a brick wall. No "Hi" , nothing.
Not even a thank you for helping them. If I ever stop helping, that'll be the reason.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
balance wizard on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
I ask for help only when I think I need it. I always say please and thank you to the people who help. Is it rude or annoying to do this?
No, not at all. Especially when you say please and thank you.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I think it really depends on how often you ask for help, what you ask for help with and whether you basically set up as a beggar and constantly ask everyone you see for help.

My personal opinion is if its just a matter of occasionally asking friends to help with a boss, or asking someone if they want to work together to get through a world then that's OK.

What I find annoying is if someone starts repeatedly asking for free treasure cards in the commons, or if someone is demanding people come help them with a boss...or my favorite, they give you a friend request and then proceed to message you every time they sign in saying Port to me now I need help. I have no problem porting to a friend on occasion to help with some of those more annoying bosses, but I am not dropping everything to help them with every minion quest they receive just because they are lazy.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask politely for help. I have a max storm and people are always asking for help. I always help if they ask politely. Those who nag or demand, I feel much less obligated to help. I don't think it's rude or annoying to ask nicely.

Moira Stormheart

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
balance wizard on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Absolutely not! Especially if you always say please and thank you to the people that help.

I find it rude when people think that you are begging or pestering them when you are really not. I have had more than enough experiences in game where people easily get annoyed as soon as I politely ask for help. Sometimes, people are just irritable or have had a bad day, don't take it too personally, it is just a game.

On the other hand, if they are constantly ignoring your messages or don't even bother to check up on you, or even say hi once in a while, it might be time for a friend list clean up

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Everyone needs help here and there. Just asking is never rude, assuming you're always polite. The only time asking for help might be considered annoying is if you are asking for help from the same person so often that they can't pursue their own quests.

On the other hand...
If you are considerate of other wizards' time and plans, they probably won't mind helping you out now and then. If you freely offer help to others and/or cheerfully respond when they ask you for assistance, they'll be glad to have you as a friend. And most importantly, as long as you carry your weight while you're in battle with others ... you're the kind of wizard I really like to quest with.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I can't really say yes or no to this question.

If the person who's asking for help uses words like please, thank you etc.. Then it's not annoying since they have respect. And I gladly help players like this.

Even when some players use kind words while asking, when given the answer no, they start insulting and that's when things get REALLY ANNOYING. How do you expect people to help if you act like this?

When those who need help spam the chat then that is also very annoying.

I also prefer it when people just ask out loud like: Can someone please help me with yada yada yada compared to people who walk up to you, say your name and ask you.

So at the end of the day it depends on the one who needs help and the amount of respect they have for the ones around them. (In my opinion)