Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon is Hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2010
I'm a Level 77 wizard in Dun Dara (Which is in Avalon) and I can't seem to beat any of the bosses. Is it just me or is Avalon just naturally this hard? I've been stuck here for a Year now (Mainly because I stopped playing for 3 months because I raged) and I can't seem to reach Azteca. I love Azteca. Anyways, Let me know if there is any gear you would recommend or how I should set up my deck.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I completed Avalon last month as a wizard and really only had 2 bosses I couldn't solo...the Jabberwock guy and the three dragons.

My first advice would be to get a pet like that sickly green energizer bunny that would give you Energizer battery as a card (as well as a may cast spell), or make sure you either have death mastery/spells or life mastery/heals.

Another thing I had to do in Avalon is switch from pure offense to more defensive items. I wound up giving up around 15% fire damage in exchange for having 20-50% resists across the board.

The next thing to do is make sure you have the right shields for each battle...I always carry tower shield and then whatever shields are useful against the bosses specialty. Also dispels are nice if you know them as they burn through enemy pips while canceling their spells.

My general rules of combat are

1) put up shields for the first few rounds against the boss primarily and then against the minion if necessary because for the first 4-5 rounds the bosses tend to be way over powered until they run out of power pips and slow down. Alternatively you can also use weakening spells and dispels.

2) take out the minion as fast as possible

3) heal and or add more shields against the boss

4) stack blades and traps (while avoiding any known cheats)

5) hit boss with massive damage spell like efreet (Which doubles as a super shield)

or alternatively for steps 4 and 5, use fire elves and links/power links to wear enemy down over time. Some bosses especially cheaters are better beat this way.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
In case that wasn't clear, since you are storm instead of fire...make sure you have good defenses per armor, build pips while shielding/blading, then hit hard. Get a complementary pet with may cast healing or Energizer battery cards since those are great storm healers.

Also, make sure you know boss special techniques so you can adjust your deck accordingly. For example one of the bosses will do nasty things to you if you get too many pips so you need to take her with small powered spells.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Goldenoak1 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
I completed Avalon last month as a wizard and really only had 2 bosses I couldn't solo...the Jabberwock guy and the three dragons.

My first advice would be to get a pet like that sickly green energizer bunny that would give you Energizer battery as a card (as well as a may cast spell), or make sure you either have death mastery/spells or life mastery/heals.

Another thing I had to do in Avalon is switch from pure offense to more defensive items. I wound up giving up around 15% fire damage in exchange for having 20-50% resists across the board.

The next thing to do is make sure you have the right shields for each battle...I always carry tower shield and then whatever shields are useful against the bosses specialty. Also dispels are nice if you know them as they burn through enemy pips while canceling their spells.

My general rules of combat are

1) put up shields for the first few rounds against the boss primarily and then against the minion if necessary because for the first 4-5 rounds the bosses tend to be way over powered until they run out of power pips and slow down. Alternatively you can also use weakening spells and dispels.

2) take out the minion as fast as possible

3) heal and or add more shields against the boss

4) stack blades and traps (while avoiding any known cheats)

5) hit boss with massive damage spell like efreet (Which doubles as a super shield)

or alternatively for steps 4 and 5, use fire elves and links/power links to wear enemy down over time. Some bosses especially cheaters are better beat this way.
Tnx for the help

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
IdeasGuy123 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
I'm a Level 77 wizard in Dun Dara (Which is in Avalon) and I can't seem to beat any of the bosses. Is it just me or is Avalon just naturally this hard? I've been stuck here for a Year now (Mainly because I stopped playing for 3 months because I raged) and I can't seem to reach Azteca. I love Azteca. Anyways, Let me know if there is any gear you would recommend or how I should set up my deck.
If you use the Team Up button, you can probably get unstuck by partnering up.

I don't remember Avalon being that hard, aside from Jabberwock. The usual trick is to put up shields, apply feints, then hammer away.

Which boss are you stuck on? I can be more specific with my advice.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Liam Wyrmhammer on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
If you use the Team Up button, you can probably get unstuck by partnering up.

I don't remember Avalon being that hard, aside from Jabberwock. The usual trick is to put up shields, apply feints, then hammer away.

Which boss are you stuck on? I can be more specific with my advice.
I tried doing team up and no one joins. I'm stuck on ALL the bosses. I can't beat any without friends,and I don't have lot. I'm on the Black Knight. I've gotten past the Jabberwock, luckily.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Tower of Belle Regard, okay.

Black Knight is , and has a minion. Hopefully, you trained in .

Pack a bunch of Volcanic Shields. If you do not have this trained, put it in your sideboard instead. Use a Jewel of the Feint and a trained Feint. If your sideboard is empty, put a few Feint treasure cards in.

This boss has 13,200 health and boosts damage. You'll need a prism for his minion.

Both boss and minion start with several pips, so getting a couple shields up fast is very desirable. Once you have shields up, start feinting the boss. After feints and a blade, hammer him. If a prism shows early, use it on his minion and hammer it instead.

Keeping shields up at all times should make this fight fairly easy. The fact that you can simultaneously shield against both the boss and his minion gives you a very effective defense. You likely won't need to heal if you do this, but having a good heal or two just in case is probably a good idea.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
For the black knight you would probably want to have as either cards in your deck or treasure cards, quench and volcanic shield so you can shut down/reduce the boss and the minion. you probably also want to have a few fortify aura cards in your deck because the fire DoT spells will make shielding harder.

Personally for a fight like this one I would keep my deck relatively small like around 10-15 cards with a reshuffle. This would be a good case for stacking blades and traps and then hitting with your biggest gun. Remember you can stack TC blades and traps with regular blades and traps to get twice as much punch.

I can't remember exactly, but pretty sure my fight with him went something along the lines of volcanic shield, blast minion to death (probably took two enchanted elves (btw elves are awesome!)), prism, fire blade, tc fire blade, feint, tc feint, elemental blade, elemental trap, efreet, big victory dance...I may have had to throw a few more shields in there...but that's about it.

Generally speaking my pet does all my healing against fire bosses since links are just tedious against them and I know zero healing spells outside of death.

You would have to adjust the strategy being storm...but at least you get a boost against the boss so no prism needed. I imagine you would need volcanic shields or plain fire shield (if you don't know enough in ice school)...take out minion while build up shields...then stack blades, wind storm, traps, feint, etc then let loose with a big gun like that evil snake thing.

Just remember a smaller deck with reshuffle is more manageable than a huge deck with every spell under the sun...it doesn't help to have that super awesome spell in your deck if it takes 20 turns to show up. 10 to 15 spells would give you a great shot at quickly eliminating the minion and having your attack spell ready when you need it.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2012
I know I am a little late but we can quest together if you like just let me know

Survivor
Oct 20, 2016
I am School level 75 and I love avalon just wish there was a quest tree :(.