Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell for life

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2014
It's about time life gets a new life spell. me and everyone i know who have life characters are sick of getting attack spells. life hasn't gotten a healing new spell in like 5 years, besides that swan spell that NOBODY uses because guess what it is also a terrible attack.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Why would a new heal be needed? What mechanics aren't already covered well enough with existing heals? Regenerate has a HoT, Rebirth is AoE and gives an absorb, Dryad let's you heal in the thousands without a single boost. I think Wings of Fate was a nice addition to the Theurgist repertoire as a damage+heal, but what would your new proposed heal do that's unique enough to warrant a spell?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Chris FrostBreaker on Jan 29, 2017 wrote:
It's about time life gets a new life spell. me and everyone i know who have life characters are sick of getting attack spells. life hasn't gotten a healing new spell in like 5 years, besides that swan spell that NOBODY uses because guess what it is also a terrible attack.
We have enough healing spells as life wizards so WHY do we need another one? My main wizard is life and I see absolutely NO reason at this point to have a new healing spell.

As for "Wings of Fate", that spell works as intended. It also depends on how well buffed the wizard is and what enchantment is used on the spell itself.

And, King Artorius also gives a heal over 3 rounds back to the caster.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
We don't need more heals. We do just fine with the ones we have. We need an upgraded aoe. Every other school has received a better aoe shadow spell. Wings of fate can be useful with the healing but all the damage is over time and it's not very much damage to begin with. With life it takes long enough to set up so it takes longer for you to wait for your dot to kill. So I and most others use forest lord. A spell we've been using since celestia. We deserve an upgrade.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Chris FrostBreaker on Jan 29, 2017 wrote:
I think a new Life healing spell would be nice. Healing is Life's specialty, for that matter.

As for Wings of Fate, I agree that it's terrible. It has both mediocre healing and damage; its DoT is what made it so bad. I haven't found myself using this spell even once, besides the first time I got it just to see its animation. Forest Lord still remains Life's #1 AoE spell.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Angel of Solitude on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
I think a new Life healing spell would be nice. Healing is Life's specialty, for that matter.

As for Wings of Fate, I agree that it's terrible. It has both mediocre healing and damage; its DoT is what made it so bad. I haven't found myself using this spell even once, besides the first time I got it just to see its animation. Forest Lord still remains Life's #1 AoE spell.
No, we don't need any more Healing spells.

We Have already:

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Dryad
Satyr
Regenerate
Unicorn and
Rebirth.

That is 8 heals. Then we have King Artorius and Wings of Fate that come back to the Caster.

As for an AoE, I still use Forest Lord but I also use King Artorius when the situation calls for it. I do agree that life could used another AoE but less than 8 pips.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
No, we don't need any more Healing spells.

We Have already:

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Dryad
Satyr
Regenerate
Unicorn and
Rebirth.

That is 8 heals. Then we have King Artorius and Wings of Fate that come back to the Caster.

As for an AoE, I still use Forest Lord but I also use King Artorius when the situation calls for it. I do agree that life could used another AoE but less than 8 pips.
I'm sorry but you don't have to agree. Why did you choose Life if you have a problem with getting healing spells? *I * personally would love another healing spell. If you don't want one, then that's just you.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Angel of Solitude on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
I'm sorry but you don't have to agree. Why did you choose Life if you have a problem with getting healing spells? *I * personally would love another healing spell. If you don't want one, then that's just you.
Give me ONE good reason why we need another healing spell.

If I am running with a team as strictly a healer, I have plenty of heals to do just that. Rebirth for entire team when needed as well as Unicorn for additional team healing... Fairy for smaller individual heals along with Satyr, Dryad, Regenerate. Sprite, I only carry a couple in sideboard but minor blessing, I don't use at all....

If I cast a damage spell when with a team, I will use King Artorius just to have the self heal in order to keep myself at a decent health level. I certainly would not want to be the one to die in battle leaving my team without a healer.

As a life wizard, we spend several levels learning healing spells and how to use them effectively. That in my opinion determines how well we can defend our team and ourselves. Adding more healing spells isn't going to change or enhance Life school.

If I were to want a change for life wizards, it would be that Gnomes be turned into an AoE spell. That is one spell that I rarely ever use unless I am facing a Life boss and already have a prism in place.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
Give me ONE good reason why we need another healing spell.

If I am running with a team as strictly a healer, I have plenty of heals to do just that. Rebirth for entire team when needed as well as Unicorn for additional team healing... Fairy for smaller individual heals along with Satyr, Dryad, Regenerate. Sprite, I only carry a couple in sideboard but minor blessing, I don't use at all....

If I cast a damage spell when with a team, I will use King Artorius just to have the self heal in order to keep myself at a decent health level. I certainly would not want to be the one to die in battle leaving my team without a healer.

As a life wizard, we spend several levels learning healing spells and how to use them effectively. That in my opinion determines how well we can defend our team and ourselves. Adding more healing spells isn't going to change or enhance Life school.

If I were to want a change for life wizards, it would be that Gnomes be turned into an AoE spell. That is one spell that I rarely ever use unless I am facing a Life boss and already have a prism in place.
The thing is I don't need to give you a reason. I clearly stated *I* personally would love a new Life healing spell—you know what that means? It means despite what you think I would still appreciate a new healing spell. If you don't want one, again, that's your problem. It's not like it's been officially determined that Life will receive a new healing spell, anyway.

You can't make people change their wants just because you appose them, you know?

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Angel of Solitude on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
The thing is I don't need to give you a reason. I clearly stated *I* personally would love a new Life healing spell—you know what that means? It means despite what you think I would still appreciate a new healing spell. If you don't want one, again, that's your problem. It's not like it's been officially determined that Life will receive a new healing spell, anyway.

You can't make people change their wants just because you appose them, you know?
Let me settle this as a VETERAN life player, i have played since right after beta in 2008 possibly 2007 whichever year the game started, let me advise you all that both sides are correct, when polaris beta released wings of fate was origionally in the 400's now it is 525, i can easily do 2100 damage with the 3 rounds combined with 1 blade, which is normally about 700-900 per round, now, the healing side is a bit down but my healing wasn't boosted on it, i think instead of choosing why don't we just blend it or make wings of fate a single hit instead of DoT, i would generally like another AoE attack however i am not opposed to a new healing spell, i would prefer a new low pip single heal or a new mid count pip AoE heal, i'd say 5 pips for AoE and maybe 2-3 pips for single, i see no reason as to not make both, however i would like to see another mix similar to wings of fate, however i would like to see the total amount be a heal of 700-900 on all allies for 3 rounds over time and a damage that does single hitting damage to all enemies for around 1100 or 900. I personally think it's safe to make a 7 pip spell with 900 damage and healing to all players in the fight, over time of course, something similar to that is ideal to me, i see no reason not to include both.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
I am really surprised to see that people are saying life needs more healing spells than it does attacking spells. The school of life has the least amount of attack spells than any of the seven schools because it is surrounded by healing spells.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
What we have for heals is quite adequate. Everything from 0-pip to X-pip.

Attack spells are necessary, as Life will need to attack here-and-there when necessary. I would like to see a 4-pip (no shadow pip) AOE attack. Something that doesn't take too many pips so that there are plenty of pips left over for healing the next round or so.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
What we have for heals is quite adequate. Everything from 0-pip to X-pip.

Attack spells are necessary, as Life will need to attack here-and-there when necessary. I would like to see a 4-pip (no shadow pip) AOE attack. Something that doesn't take too many pips so that there are plenty of pips left over for healing the next round or so.
Agreed. If one day we could see the Potboiler spell offered to life wizards to place in their real deck, I think that would be a miracle!!!