Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge for completing pre-nerf Mirage

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I was reading a thread on Central about the nerf to Mirage and someone suggested that there should be a special badge for those who completed the world pre-nerf. I think that would be a great idea.

I know there are many players who completed CL and AZ pre-nerf also, but I think at this late date its probably going to be too hard for KI to go back and award badges for that. Maybe, starting with Mirage, they can do it. I think it would be a nice reward for those who worked hard to complete the "hardcore" version of Mirage. :)

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Black Pearl on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
I was reading a thread on Central about the nerf to Mirage and someone suggested that there should be a special badge for those who completed the world pre-nerf. I think that would be a great idea.

I know there are many players who completed CL and AZ pre-nerf also, but I think at this late date its probably going to be too hard for KI to go back and award badges for that. Maybe, starting with Mirage, they can do it. I think it would be a nice reward for those who worked hard to complete the "hardcore" version of Mirage. :)
I thought people did it because they loved the challenge. Success is it's own reward!

Haha, just kidding. I know most people depend on peer recognition.

It's both a good idea and a bad idea. It's a good idea for the people who will get it, it's a bad idea for the people who will never be able to get it for no other reason than timing.

I'll use Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, one of my favouritest games of all time, as an example. I was able to earn my Casual, Medium, Hard, and Challenge Mode trophies in that game because there are four difficulty settings. I didn't miss out getting the Challenge Mode trophy because the developers made a hardcore version to start with and then remodelled it making only an easy version available for the rest of time after that. From the start they made 4 difficulty settings and you could get all of the trophies whether you bought the game and played it in 2009, or you bought it today and started playing it.

With an idea like this, you're basically giving people a reward for being in the right place at the right time. Everybody else, even if they could have completed the game at that difficulty level, is going to have a hole in their badge list just because they didn't get it done before the nerf. Some people will be fine with that, others will not.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think that would be an awesome idea.

I went through DS after they nerfed Malistaire, but other than that, I've been through all the hardcore versions of the worlds.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
High Five Ghost on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
I thought people did it because they loved the challenge. Success is it's own reward!

Haha, just kidding. I know most people depend on peer recognition.

It's both a good idea and a bad idea. It's a good idea for the people who will get it, it's a bad idea for the people who will never be able to get it for no other reason than timing.

I'll use Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, one of my favouritest games of all time, as an example. I was able to earn my Casual, Medium, Hard, and Challenge Mode trophies in that game because there are four difficulty settings. I didn't miss out getting the Challenge Mode trophy because the developers made a hardcore version to start with and then remodelled it making only an easy version available for the rest of time after that. From the start they made 4 difficulty settings and you could get all of the trophies whether you bought the game and played it in 2009, or you bought it today and started playing it.

With an idea like this, you're basically giving people a reward for being in the right place at the right time. Everybody else, even if they could have completed the game at that difficulty level, is going to have a hole in their badge list just because they didn't get it done before the nerf. Some people will be fine with that, others will not.
I see your point there and, like the Charity Meowmadon mount, its a timing thing like you said. Many people were upset because they missed out on that mount, but it is what it is. However, having said that, I kind of agree that it might not be fair to some players because we are talking about a quest reward rather than a crowns item. Maybe if difficulty levels become a thing, like in that game you mentioned, KI could implement this.

As a long time player, I have gone thru all the worlds prenerf. Being a casual, that was a lot of work lol and it would be great to have something to show for it. However, you have a valid point.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I don't see why this can't be implemented.

All the stress, the criticals landing on us, the times our wizards head was spinning etc deserve a bit of recognition.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Star Edward on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
I don't see why this can't be implemented.

All the stress, the criticals landing on us, the times our wizards head was spinning etc deserve a bit of recognition.

I totally agree!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I just find it a little odd that most of the people on this thread raised holy heck on these boards over pre-nerf mirage difficulty. Some even threatened deleting characters and quitting. Now you want a badge for finishing it?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Having a badge for a pre-nerfed world would be worthwhile. A lot of these people will go through a 'first edition' world so they can post feedback, knowing how the world would affect others that will be headed there. What I would love to see is a troll badge, as I can think of some that definitely deserve it.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Mr Talon on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
I just find it a little odd that most of the people on this thread raised holy heck on these boards over pre-nerf mirage difficulty. Some even threatened deleting characters and quitting. Now you want a badge for finishing it?
Lol this is funny. What does it matter who likes the idea, whether they are hardcore or not? If implemented, would be a badge for everyone who has completed the prenerfed world. Even you would get the badge (that is if you actually completed the world).