Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sand Swirler's seem impossible to beat! Help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
These are pretty much impossible for me to beat. First of all it doesn't matter how I enter the battle they always go first, secondly they attack with spells with only one or two pips when the spell requires more than that, thirdly the spells that they cast are lower level spells however they are much stronger than they ever were and lastly you cannot get anybody to join the battle to help you. I even put loads of minion tc cards in my deck to try to see if that would help and the minion just dies before I even get a chance to heal myself. This battle doesn't seem like fun when I feel like I just cannot get past the sand swirler's to finally find the door to mirage. I understand that challenges are important in a game however 4 against one while getting attacked with stronger version of lower level spells with less pips is going a bit too far. If anybody has an idea of how I can get past these sand swirler's while not having to spend any crowns (considering I cannot always afford crowns) please let me know.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
I got past them on the second try with no tc, and i was second both times. I am a storm wizard, with like a 94% damage boost, but i have barely 4000 health and i have literally no critical or crit block rating. And my shadow pips did not show up so I ended up using sirens enchanted with epic, a storm blade, a sharpened storm blade, and galvanic field.

What I would do is make a deck of your school's best all enemies spells, enchant it with epic, get some blades, and your school's damage boost aura, don't worry about healing, and also find the gear that can get you the highest damage boost. The strategy with 1v4 is to defeat them before they defeat you. Your heals won't do much when you have four enemies hitting you.

Good Luck!

Keira Dreamleaf 117
Tiffany Rainbowheart 56
Keira Jade 51

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
NaomiButterfly on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
These are pretty much impossible for me to beat. First of all it doesn't matter how I enter the battle they always go first, secondly they attack with spells with only one or two pips when the spell requires more than that, thirdly the spells that they cast are lower level spells however they are much stronger than they ever were and lastly you cannot get anybody to join the battle to help you. I even put loads of minion tc cards in my deck to try to see if that would help and the minion just dies before I even get a chance to heal myself. This battle doesn't seem like fun when I feel like I just cannot get past the sand swirler's to finally find the door to mirage. I understand that challenges are important in a game however 4 against one while getting attacked with stronger version of lower level spells with less pips is going a bit too far. If anybody has an idea of how I can get past these sand swirler's while not having to spend any crowns (considering I cannot always afford crowns) please let me know.
Blade twice then do your AOE attack.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
What is your wizard's school? Are you missing any spells?

If you can post these, I'll see what advice I can offer you.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
My wizard school is life and it doesn't even give me long enough time to get the pips to attack since Life has to blade a lot in order to get a strong enough attack. My health goes way down and my damage is 71 with a critical of 411 with a blocking of 318. If you ask me life school gets the shorter end of the stick for battles like these. Storms have it easier of course considering they are stronger in power.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I finally did it, thanks for the advice. It was much easier without the heals added plus my pet was helping me with her heals

Delver
Jul 24, 2015