Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage - best gear

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I just read up on Swordroll's best Death gear for level 120 (http://www.swordroll.com/2017/01/best-death-gear-level-120-wizard101.html). I'm wondering what Mirage gear is worth considering for a level. The goal is to maintain Resist and Damage as much as possible while increasing Critical to make up for the level treadmill.

In case it matters, right now I'm using a mix of Omen (ring, pants, deck) and Darkmoor gear (everything else).

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Don't bother with 99.99% of Mirage's gear. I've found it's exceptionally sub par to most other gear... unless you want it for stitching, forget it.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Liam Wyrmhammer on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
I just read up on Swordroll's best Death gear for level 120 (http://www.swordroll.com/2017/01/best-death-gear-level-120-wizard101.html). I'm wondering what Mirage gear is worth considering for a level. The goal is to maintain Resist and Damage as much as possible while increasing Critical to make up for the level treadmill.

In case it matters, right now I'm using a mix of Omen (ring, pants, deck) and Darkmoor gear (everything else).
If you want to maintain your resist and damage, as well as increase your critical, then I recommend this:

Malistaire hat
Malistaire robe
Shadowbones level 120 death shoes
Either Malistaire wand or one of the pack ones.
Grandfather Spider Death athame
Rat/Morganthe amulet (though I recommend Rat amulet to make up for block lost with using Shadowbones shoes)
Alpha and Omega Ring / Aphrodite ring
Omen deck

With this gear set, you are able to have WAY more health than most Death Wizards have at your level, as well as having more damage but keeping around the same resist. The Shadowbones shoes will also let you boost your critical rating and damage up.

You will need to use Jewels to make up for the lost power pip chance and accuracy, however.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Leviathan 90 on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Don't bother with 99.99% of Mirage's gear. I've found it's exceptionally sub par to most other gear... unless you want it for stitching, forget it.
Ain't that the truth.
Mirage gear is garbage.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Only mirage gear that is worth it is the critical boots dropped by the final four bosses of the world. (Slight upgrade from Rat's)