Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will I get banned for this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
So, one day, I was in the commons fishing for catfish for a recipe. Then, some random person kept on pestering me about wanting to get more gold. They thought that since I was a higher level, the world I was in gave lots of gold. I told him that he was bothering me, and that I don't like to be used for other's purposes. He then ignored me, told his friend, and then they ignored me, right after saying, "I always thought that you were rude, and I knew it". I don't even know if they reported me.

I spent so much time and money on this game. I really don't want to get banned just for liking to be left alone. Please help. I don't want all this money to be thrown down the drain!

Saffron Moonwalker Lvl 94

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You didn't do a thing wrong. If they reported you, you'd get a pop up saying "you have been reported."

I've been false reported and when it first happened I messaged KI and they told me not to worry.

(I was just literally sitting behind a building in the commons, looking at the crowns shop, when I got the pop up.)

Some people file false reports and that in itself is against KI rules.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
You won't be banned, don't worry. More than likely, the person that reported you could potentially get banned for false reporting. Don't worry, you're fine.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
BalanceSaffron on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
So, one day, I was in the commons fishing for catfish for a recipe. Then, some random person kept on pestering me about wanting to get more gold. They thought that since I was a higher level, the world I was in gave lots of gold. I told him that he was bothering me, and that I don't like to be used for other's purposes. He then ignored me, told his friend, and then they ignored me, right after saying, "I always thought that you were rude, and I knew it". I don't even know if they reported me.

I spent so much time and money on this game. I really don't want to get banned just for liking to be left alone. Please help. I don't want all this money to be thrown down the drain!

Relax, you won't get banned for saying that or for being alone. Now if it was rude for you to say that, idk, but if what you said was true, then you don't need to be worry about getting banned as I mentioned before.

Alejandro

P.S. Next time if someone is bothering you, just switch realms.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012

No worries, you won't get banned for being rude ( and I don't think you were rude but honest ) they were the ones who were rude.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

You have nothing to worry about. I don't blame you for telling him you don't like to be used and that he was bothering you. Next time someone approaches you in this manner, just put them on ignore and continue with what you are doing.

Even if they did report you, KI staff will review the chat log and they could be the ones in trouble for making a false report.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Don't worry. Just because you want to be left alone isn't in the game rules. If you wish to be left alone you can move to a different realm. You can also Place a player you don't want bothering you on ignore.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I don't think you would get banned just because you didn't want to give away stuff. it's not like you swore or anything

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
You won't get banned =) and if you ever do get reported you will see a notification pop up in the middle of your screen.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
Thank you guys so much! I was so worried.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
BalanceSaffron on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Thank you guys so much! I was so worried.
You should still be careful though, False Reports are on the rise.