Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming Couch Potatoes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2016
I've been farming couch potatoes with my death wizard and have gotten 5 seeds so far but process is slow. I use my scarecrow to defeat all enemies but feel like there is a faster spell to do this. Should I try and work for the deer knight spell or work on my storm wizard and get the tempest spell. I fight the troubled warriors so any advice in improving my speed in defeating the troubled warriors or couch potatoe farming will help

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
HeWhoMustNotBeName... on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
I've been farming couch potatoes with my death wizard and have gotten 5 seeds so far but process is slow. I use my scarecrow to defeat all enemies but feel like there is a faster spell to do this. Should I try and work for the deer knight spell or work on my storm wizard and get the tempest spell. I fight the troubled warriors so any advice in improving my speed in defeating the troubled warriors or couch potatoe farming will help
They do not have much health, sadly death does not have a low pip aoe. If you have a fire or storm mastery, perhaps meteor or tempest tcs would take them out? Not sure not knowing you level, but its worth a shot.

Also, as for deer knight, if you can craft that it is a great spell for death, I would definitely do it!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
My Death used only Scarecrow and I do understand wanting a spell that can be used faster.

What you can also do is go ahead and plant the seeds you already have and let them get to elder. Just don't harvest the elder plants until Double Rewards comes and that will help increase how many you have. But keep farming for them until you get your seeds up to a manageable amount.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Hello. Farming Couch potatoes can be a pain. Maybe farm with a friend who is an Ice, storm or fire to make the process faster? The drop rate is another story. Luck is a huge factor. I don't know if this will help, but the Grendel Darters seem to have a better drop rate then any other mob ( I noticed that ) Good luck with farming!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You could try using a pet with a good attack all enemy spell.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2016
DragonLady1818 on Dec 25, 2016 wrote:
My Death used only Scarecrow and I do understand wanting a spell that can be used faster.

What you can also do is go ahead and plant the seeds you already have and let them get to elder. Just don't harvest the elder plants until Double Rewards comes and that will help increase how many you have. But keep farming for them until you get your seeds up to a manageable amount.
When are double rewards coming out?

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Get one of the decks that gives a pip, craft deer knight and there you go, problem solved. This I how I farm for couch potatoes on my death

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
HeWhoMustNotBeName... on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
When are double rewards coming out?
We never know until it is posted or you just happen to be tending your garden and you see at the top with the gardening experience bar it will say Double Rewards. The last one was in October so it could come up anytime over the next couple of months. At least that would be my guess. But it is a start at least. Since CP don't take that long to get to elder, you should have time unless KI decides to put it up this week through the New Year. If that happens, just leave the elder plants until the next Double Rewards.