Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Ranked Derby Matches :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Hello Everyone! :) Is anyone else having the issue of attempting to join a "ranked" derby match but never finding a game? In my case, I sometimes am left with a full hour of it just searching for me. Could it be a bug or just no one wanting to do a derby race? Let me know in the comments below :)

Survivor
Dec 03, 2016
I am having the same problem. I am really hoping to join battles so I could improve my rank.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
fefoe44 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
Hello Everyone! :) Is anyone else having the issue of attempting to join a "ranked" derby match but never finding a game? In my case, I sometimes am left with a full hour of it just searching for me. Could it be a bug or just no one wanting to do a derby race? Let me know in the comments below :)
It's only that people/wizards do not want to join derby matches, as they have many quests to collect and do on their hands. Or, your just a very high or low ranking, nobody can join you, or they just don't have time to do these things, of course it wouldn't be a bug, it's just a coincidence nobody wants to do them because of the non-stop questing in the game.
~Answered by Scarlet SilverSword, Level 35 Magus Necromancer

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I suspect it's nobody joining. This isn't a new thing as far as I can tell. A few months ago I was experiencing this as well.

I think it's just that there's virtually no incentive for the derby. If you want Arena Tickets, you do PvP... or you do Daily Assignments. What does Pet Derby give you? Like 2 Arena Tickets for a win, and 1 for second place? It's laughable!

The badges used to be my incentive, but my guess is that there are very few others out there who care about those anymore. I've also lost my appetite for them as well.

There are too many other things to do in this game that have made this activity pretty much irrelevant for most players, especially with it's paltry rewards, which I suspect is why nobody is doing it anymore. There's no other explanation for a game that probably has thousands of players online at any given moment to not be able to fill up the 3 other slots in a derby race in less than a minute.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
What rank and pet level are you?

The higher your pet level and/or rank, the more you'll have to wait for a match. Try racing teen or adult pets if you can, those are the pet levels that are most popular. If you're still a private and racing a teen or adult pet, you should be able to get a match within 2-5 minutes. If you're racing a higher level pet or are a derby warlord, you're looking at a wait anywhere between an hour and a half to 2 hours.

Good luck and don't give up! Racing is really fun once you get the hang of it. :)

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Same here. I think the issue of that could be:
  • Fewer people in general doing pet derbies.
  • The expansion of pet's abilities to ultra
  • the typically hard search for people that are of higher and lower pet ranks, and balancing them out.
I feel the main issue is that there are not as many people participating in pet derbies compared to years before.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I wish derby gave more tickets or other better rewards so more players would do it. Tournaments would be fun too.

I find the best time to get races is afternoon to early evening, US times.